What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

help, problem after updating cydia

Rubin145

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have an i pad 2 wifi with ios 5.1.1 and a friend of mine had jailbroken it for me.. i was using cydia and it showed 6 updates and i just clicked on the update button and now my i pad doesnt change orientation when i tilt it, setting doesnt open, i tunes and apps store doenst open.... my icons are spaced wide apart, using all the screen space (4*4)... and my tray is also gone... my cydia opens with a weird color lines in the top and bottom and doesnt function properly... i tried to restore back to factory setting via itune, after downloading the ios 5.1.1 file but they say firmware incompatible sooooo please some1 help me

i have been searching this for very long, there r things abt shsh blobs, my cydia shows shsh 5.1.1 and 6.0 but i never updated my ios... my i tunes shows my ios to be 5.1.1, could some1 plz clear this as well

Last edited:

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As you are jailbroken I have moved this to the hacking section where hopefully you will get the help that you require.

The Archangel

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You probably have Zeppelin installed. For some reason they have updated it and it breaks on the iPad.

Open Cydia and remove that tweak, then reboot. Everything will be back to normal. If you are having trouble using Cydia in it's "broken by zeppelin" state, reboot the iPad and hold down VOLUME UP as it boots. This will get you into safe mode where you should be able to remove it without any problem.

zdarma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I too, had 6 updates to do and I blindly clicked on update. Now, my iPad2, with iOS 5.1.1 seems to freeze up when I I pinch to close an app to get back to my home screen. Instead of returning to my home screen, it just goes to black. If I double click the home button, it shows my apps in my switcher, but if I tap on one of them nothing happens. If I hold the power off button, I get the "Slide to Power Off" slider and the "Cancel" button, but neither responds to my touch. I have to do a hard reset, by holding the power button and the home button. The problem also arises sometimes when I am in "Settings", the iPad jusat seems to stop responding to my touch when I try to back out of a sub-menu.

I do not know what was updated and I checked as per one of the postings above and I do not have Zeppelin installed. I have the following Cydia apps installed:

• Activator
  • Browser Changer
  • CleverPin
  • CyDelete
  • Dashboard X
  • DeleteMail
  • FullScreen for Safari
  • OpenBackup
  • OverBoard
  • Springtomize
  • StayOpened
  • WinterBoard
I think I have had to do a hard reset atleast a dozen times since I did the updates. I love my jailbreak tweaks and do not want to lose them, but the problem is becoming quite the annoyance, so much so, that I'm ready to update to iOS 6.0.1 and hope an untethered jailbreak comes out sooner than later.

Does anyone have an idea what I can do?

Thanks in advance,
Z

Most reactions