What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cant Swipe to unlock.

Kbin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I had my Ipad 1 for over a year and never had an issue until recently. The ipad wont let me swipe to unlock or to power down actually none of the touch function is working. I did the hard reset, i restored from backup and restored to original settings but still no go. It worked in the morning then my wife cleaned the screen with a solution she thought was windex but it was actually pinesol. Could that damage the touch sensitivity of the screen? I have screen protection on it but i removed it, not fixed. I dont know what else to do, right now im waiting for the charge to die out hoping that it will reset something within the system. Any suggestions, besides sending it in to get repaired?

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh man...... Pine Sol....

It probably destroyed the touch screen to an unrepairable state. One of the booklets you get with the iPad tells you not to use anything on the screen except water and a microfiber cloth.

I don't see how pine sol could screw it up that much, but anything is possible.

Most reactions

Latest posts