What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't open Dropbox on iPad!

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I already went to the 'forgot' link and entered my email and it states there is no account with that email!

But I have that email in the app info @ iTunes. And I have tons of files in my drop box on my computer here!

What is going on?:(

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Your avatar and your email Marie? The universe is trying to tell you something :(

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have to ask. Are you absolutely sure the email you used for DropBox is the right one. Do you have multiple email addresses? Try them all. It does not need to be the same email as is used for iTunes. I have 6 emails and I am always getting them mixed up. It's easy to forget which one you used.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I figured it out. You know that little drop box down at the bottom of our computers? I clicked on it instead of opening it and went to Preferences and it said my old email!

The one that doesn't exist anymore ~ the one that I can't update 13 apps with! But in iTunes it says my new email under Drop Box.

I hate computers. I hate them all today.

So now I can open it. But I will never be able to update Dropbox, Leigh.:( I thought Pages was the only important one....

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, if that email address is no longer in use, you should just copy all your stuff out of your dropbox and into a new temporary folder on your desktop. Once you are sure it is all on your desktop quite safe, you should just delete everything in the dropbox.
Then, create a new DropBox account with a working email and configure your desktop to sign into the new one....
Then move all the stuff from your desktop folder into the "new" dropbox and just forget about the old account altogether. Then you can at least keep change the password whenever you like!
Bit of a hassle, but worth it if you want to update your details in the future.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But I still wouldn't be able to update Dropbox. I never noticed if it didn't update when I did my updates. But I guess it did not as it is under my AOL email.

But you think if I delete this Dropbox account and open a new one, but keep the orig app, I would be able to update?

Reaction score
If you can access the data on the website just delete the dropbox app on your Ipad, download it again and set it up with the correct email? The one on yore desktop version?
Afaik ,any app on your Ipad can be deleted , wait 15 minutes, "buy" it again with the new iTunes account info. It worked on my wife's when I accidentally put some of my apps on hers in a sync.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, you confused me and I misunderstood. I thought you meant your dropbox account was with an old email and that was the only problem.
You also mean you have an old email address which you used to buy apps in the app store via iTunes, of which DropBox was one (of 13)?

If that's the case, that doesn't matter. You can just delete DropBox from the iPad and re-download it with your new active iTunes account. It's a free app after all...

Most reactions

Latest posts