What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't load videos from external drive

electron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am trying to load/sync videos from my external drive thru iTunes (PC laptop). I followed instructions on how to do this but when it comes to the part where i tick 'Sync Films' there arent any 'Films' to choose. Where are the videos? I can't browse for them or anything. Is that because they're on external drive? Do i have to copy videos to the C drive for iTunes to see them?

I can load photos ok cos they're in my C drive.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
So they aren't showing in iTunes? Drag the files onto iTunes and they should be added into your library, note that if you have iTunes set to automatically organise your library it will copy them to your pc, if you don't want to do this, switch off the options in edit preferences advanced keep iTunes media folder organised and copy files iTunes folder when adding to library.

OP
E

electron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks DefBref. I tried as you suggested. Still can't see anything in the 'Films' folder. Perhaps they have to be in a certain format? The ones im trying to sync are .avi files.

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
electron said:
Thanks DefBref. I tried as you suggested. Still can't see anything in the 'Films' folder. Perhaps they have to be in a certain format? The ones im trying to sync are .avi files.

You need to convert them into a format that itunes will play, such as mp4

OP
E

electron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You need to convert them into a format that itunes will play, such as mp4

Duh?! Just found out about this! Are there any 'convert to mp4' converters out there to recommend? I saw one app that can play non mp4 format without conversion but forget the name. Starts with 'AV'.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Avplayerhd.

There are a few on the app store, buzz player is another, alternatively if you can connect over your network to your films you could use airvideo.

OP
E

electron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Avplayerhd.

There are a few on the app store, buzz player is another, alternatively if you can connect over your network to your films you could use airvideo.

That's it! AVplayerHD. Unfortunately, the day i wanted to buy it (today) is the day they took it off the applestore! Apparently there's a major bug in it but the developers say it'll be back in a day or two. Just my luck. I guess i can wait a couple of days.

Actually maybe not lemme check out Buzzplayer...:D THanks 4 d heads up

Most reactions

Latest posts