What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't get iTunes, App Store or YouTube

jmcarrillo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Our iPad is connecting to the internet via WiFi on our corporate network. I'm able to surf the web using safari, i cna even use the maps app, but whenever i launch iTunes, the App Store or YouTube, it sits there with a blak screen, while the icon in the top left hand corner goes around, like when it's loading something. What's going on with it? is it possible that our proxy is block it? if so, how do I check or unblock it?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Are there others using the same Wi-Fi server to connect to these services? If so, are they having the same problem? If multiple iPads are not connecting to specific sites, I would check w/ your IT people to see if server proxy, firewalls, and/or portals may be the issue (I'm just not sure?).

Have you tried your iPod w/ another Wi-Fi service, e.g. a local hot spot, a home router, etc? Or have you used more than one browser?

Finally you could restart the iPad (if not already done), i.e. turn off and then on again (not the sleep mode) - this is similar to re-booting a computer.

If none of this helps, then please post back. Good luck - :)

usseltrb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having the same problem. I have tried my wi-fi at home and at work. My circle just keeps going round and round but nothing comes up. I can get to the internet, so that much is working. Just not the App Store. I have been messing with this for over a week now - to the point I did a complete and total reset (erased all my purchased apps and info). I'm ready to toss it.

Most reactions

Latest posts