1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Can't find a MIDI app that meets my needs!!!

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by dma5, May 25, 2012.

1. dma5

dma5 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm hoping someone can help me out here. I've been looking around for weeks!

I'm in a band and we have a current MIDI setup:
    Laptop with Cubase LE 4 loaded which is used for all MIDI triggers. We only use Program Change. This is to control our guitar players BOSS GT-6 effects pedal.
    Connected to the laptop is a MIDI Sport 2X2 device to allow the MIDI connections to the pedal.
    What I do is I create a MIDI track in Cubase and begin to add the Program Change values at every bar where I need the guitar effects to change (ex, from distortion to clean). I also set the tempo for that song and have the click track play during playback. This setup works great, BUT, im tired of lugging around my laptop.

So, I'm looking for fan app that can use control change on a timeline and allow me to set the tempo and also have a click track (metronome) play at the same time. Any one see something like this? Am I asking for too much?

I figure if Cubase and ProTools can do this, why can't an app do this?

thanks,
    Allen