What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't enter Facebook, constantly asking for old Apple ID

Dust

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all

Got a really annoying problem with my iPad 2. Over the last couple of days, I've been trying to get into Facebook and all of a sudden it's no longer letting me and instead, keeps coming up with an "Apple ID Password" prompt, but it's got my now ex-girlfriend's email address showing up in it!? Obviously I don't know her password and have got no desire to contact her and ask her for it (it was a nasty breakup). She only ever used her ID on the iPad a couple of times to download some apps (including Facebook) via the iTunes store and I thought I'd wiped all trace of her from it and was now using my new iCloud login details instead. The other thing is, messages arriving in my Facebook are still getting pushed to the iPad and coming up as alerts, but when clicking on them, a blank Facebook screen comes up....

I'm baffled as to what's gone wrong with it but it's doing my head in. Can anyone help banish the ghost of the evil-ex forever?

Thanks in advance

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Check in your Settings app - look for the Facebook line. If you are running iOS 6 or higher, you could have your ex-girlfriend still logged in to Facebook in Settings. This login will stay even if you delete and re-install the Facebook app. So, if it's signed in for Settings, log out of it.

This should enable you to log in your account.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

P.S. I deleted your other thread you started today on this same topic. Making more than one post not only fragments the conversation and makes it hard to follow - it's against the forum rules. Please keep any follow-ups, discussion or updates on this topic to this thread; do not start another. Thanks for your understanding.

Last edited:
OP
D

Dust

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there

First up, sorry for the duplicate thread, I realised this might be a better place to get a response so started the second thread. Won't do it again. :)

Have checked the Facebook setting and it's definitely set to be me. I just tried deleting the account, then turning the iPad off/on again, then re-entering Facebook. It's still coming up with the same pop up. Have now re-entered my logon details back into the Facebook settings. Still the same... :(

OP
D

Dust

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi again all,

I managed to delete the Facebook app via Settings / General / Usage / Facebook and then re-installed it from the App Store. It's all working fine again ok now. It was pure fluke I found that "Delete App" option though, why's it so buried away? :)

Most reactions

Latest posts