What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can YouTube audio play while in a different application?

Sciguy25

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I currently have an iPad 2, but it is within return time frame at Best Buy. I was wondering if the Ipad 3 allowed youtube videos to play the audio while in another window?

I didn't realize that I couldn't listen to music while looking through notes or another webpage.

I have a lot of songs saved through youtube, and that is my main way of listening to music. I rarely ever stay on the actual youtube screen however.

I know the Ipad 3 has 1 GB of RAM but wasn't sure if that allowed such multitasking, or if it was simply dedicated to the retina screen.

Thanks

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes. Navigate to the video you want to play using the YouTube app. Then start Safari. The music will stop. Do a four finger sweep up the screen to reveal the multitask bar. Sweep left to right to reveal audio controls, and hit play. Four finger sweep down to get back to Safari and your music will carry on playing.

Sent from my iPad 4 HD mini

OP
S

Sciguy25

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply, I didn't read this information anywhere on google when I was searching!

Much appreciation

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is the kind of info we are famous for. I read it here too. :)

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can also stream audio from Internet radio stations in one tab while browsing on another.

jimmy_vella

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried your suggestion here above but it didn't work.
Went on you tube.
Surfed to video.
Did a four finger sweep upwards.
Swept left to right to reveal audio controls.
Pressed play and... Nothing :(
I use iPad 3... HELP!

Most reactions

Latest posts