What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how to make application keep runing when minimize

bcn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi...
i want to ask a thing, why everytime we minimize an application then the program stop/pause playing, example i open youtube on safari then i go to home screen, the song from youtube will pause. can i make it keep playing when i switch to another application. thank you :eek:

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Start the video, then minimize Safari.

The video will stop.

Now open the multitask bar with a 4 finger swipe up the screen. Swipe left to right across the multitask list until the music controls are revealed. Press play. The video will resume play.

4 finger swipe down the screen to return it to normal.

OP
B

bcn

iPF Noob
Reaction score

The video will stop.

Now open the multitask bar with a 4 finger swipe up the screen. Swipe left to right across the multitask list until the music controls are revealed. Press play. The video will resume play.

Wow amazing, it works. Thanks alot.

Kulit_12 you should try kevin's suggestion

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score

The video will stop.

At first, I thought this was an oversight on Apple's part, but after a bit more thinking I believe it was on purpose. There are so many websites that play stuff automatically, and normally you'd just as soon it all went go when you closed the app. That makes the ability to restart the audio a bonus, however strange the means may seem.

Safari is not the only app that behaves this way, btw. So maybe it's just a fortuitous oversight. ;)

Most reactions