What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Was Frash able to play YouTube on older iOS?

Rad76

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Before 4.2.1 when Frash still worked, was it able to play all the YouTube videos? If yes I will want to downgrade to an older version. The biggest drawback for me currently with an iPad is I want to be able to listen to YouTube songs while browsing and the youtube app just doesn't have the official music videos. I purchased Skyfire but it is not able to multitask while playing a flash video. So is there any way around this problem short of remote desktop?

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
welllll look for browser duo in the app store but it will cost you 2.99. if you're JB...then give youtubeToMp3 from cydia a try. allows you to download the audio from the vid...but doesn't seem to work on my 4.2.1 for some reason. seems to be working for other people on the net though.

Dr.Gee

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Before 4.2.1 when Frash still worked, was it able to play all the YouTube videos? If yes I will want to downgrade to an older version. The biggest drawback for me currently with an iPad is I want to be able to listen to YouTube songs while browsing and the youtube app just doesn't have the official music videos. I purchased Skyfire but it is not able to multitask while playing a flash video. So is there any way around this problem short of remote desktop?

Remote desktop logins don't stream sound yet.

Most reactions

Latest posts