What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

can not find ipad anywhere!

thedunn805

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i graduated high school last week and i convinced my parents that i will pay half for an iPad if they pay the rest (as my graduation present) and i can not find one anywhere. I've been calling every apple store and best buy within 60 miles of me for a week straight, none ever have any! Any body know somewhere else they sell them, or where i can get one, or if there's some way to reserve one??

Last edited by a moderator:

dacakebeater

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i went through the same thing when I bought my iPad, I live in the Bay and I called every Apple store in the bay, sacramento and even monterey. I ended up just ordering it from Apple.com. I took a week and a half but well worth the wait...

OP
T

thedunn805

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i call every morning and they say they don't have any and they don't know when the shipment is coming in. It's kind of BS. I even go to the stores and they sell them, but they never have any in stock.

Code54

iPF Noob
Reaction score
May want to check on MacMall (Have to call them), I ordered one and had it before the week was out. I was impressed by the speed!

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's weird - on Amazon there's a thread I started asking how long people are waiting and everyone posted saying "What? I just walked in and bought one." Here, that almost never happens.

The best, most consistent results seem to come from placing a reservation and waiting.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I walked in and bought mine (I got lucky) but we decided to do exactly what you said for my wife's - we just made her wait. We were afraid that if we didn't place an order and couldn't snag one when the new shipment came in we'd just be waiting anyhow, except now a week behind.

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I got mine at the beginning of June as a lucky walk-in. I walked in one Thursday (just before noon) to the Apple store in a mall near me. They must have processed a new shipment, because I and four other walk-ins got iPads. I went to the same Apple store again 6 hours later, and nobody was purchasing iPads. That could only mean that the unreserved iPads were sold out. Maybe you can try to find out when your local store would usually get shipments in.

But rather than play the lucky lotto, I would just order from apple.com like other people suggest.

pointdexler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I walked in the Apple Store in Woodsfield Mall in Schaumburg, Chicago last week and got the 64GB ipad. Try there if you are around that area..

Most reactions

Latest posts