What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

can I watch an iTunes video before download is fully complete

nigelj12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
on the iPad that is .. ?
on the mac or pc I read that you can
on the iPad it seems video is not listed in the video app during the download

also now with 4.2 shouldnt it at least download in background? seems I need to switch back to iTunes for the download to progress

anyone got any advice for this newbie

thanks

iPadBiz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
on the iPad that is .. ?
on the mac or pc I read that you can
on the iPad it seems video is not listed in the video app during the download

also now with 4.2 shouldnt it at least download in background? seems I need to switch back to iTunes for the download to progress

thanks

You have yo remember this is not true multitasking. This is a suspended state where the app architecture allows some apps to run in the suspended state.

To answer your question.. No you can't watch a video until it finishes downloading. The final step to any iTunes purchase is to verify the tag information for the file. This includes title, author, genre etc. It won't show up on the iPod or video app until this info has been downloaded in the final step.

OP
N

nigelj12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks

actually I think it did still continue downloading in the background while I was doing other stuff. I guess I gotta be a little patient.:)

well how to train a dragon is now downloaded and working well

I just got the apple tv unit .. this airplay thing works great, am switching from iPad to tv and quality is great

Most reactions