1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

can I use newsstand to read rss feeds??

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by tsmrg, Sep 29, 2012.

1. tsmrg

tsmrg iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Right now I am using rssfeedler for my rss feeds, I would prefer to use in built apps to reduce the number of apps on my ipad 3. Thanks guys.
  2. thewitt

thewitt iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +70 / 0
    No. Newsstand is used to deliver subscription periodicals. I can't imagine anyone writing an RSS feed integrator and then integrating that with newsstand.
  3. tsmrg

tsmrg iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Ok thanks, right noe newsstrad is of no use on my device
  4. thewitt

thewitt iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +70 / 0
    Newsstand is simply a special folder on your device that you cannot delete or put into another folder. Just put it on the last page by itself and forget about it.
  5. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,010 / 1
    Until you need it, anyway. If you just want to try it out, Distro by Endgadget is weekly tech journal you can subscribe to for free. That and Mac|Life (99¢ a month) are the only two Newstand subscriptions I have.

The only way I know of to read RSS Feeds native app wise is to use Google Reader via Safari. The mobile version of the site is bare bones, but usable. The Desktop version works, but you need to use the two finger scroll to access your RSS feed list, if you have more than a few, and you can't expand/collapse folders. Might be a few other non-working features. I have not explored it in detail.

I use the Reeder app, because I prefer their interface to the web site's.