What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

can I use newsstand to read rss feeds??

tsmrg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Right now I am using rssfeedler for my rss feeds, I would prefer to use in built apps to reduce the number of apps on my ipad 3. Thanks guys.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No. Newsstand is used to deliver subscription periodicals. I can't imagine anyone writing an RSS feed integrator and then integrating that with newsstand.

OP
T

tsmrg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok thanks, right noe newsstrad is of no use on my device

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Newsstand is simply a special folder on your device that you cannot delete or put into another folder. Just put it on the last page by itself and forget about it.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Until you need it, anyway. If you just want to try it out, Distro by Endgadget is weekly tech journal you can subscribe to for free. That and Mac|Life (99¢ a month) are the only two Newstand subscriptions I have.

The only way I know of to read RSS Feeds native app wise is to use Google Reader via Safari. The mobile version of the site is bare bones, but usable. The Desktop version works, but you need to use the two finger scroll to access your RSS feed list, if you have more than a few, and you can't expand/collapse folders. Might be a few other non-working features. I have not explored it in detail.

I use the Reeder app, because I prefer their interface to the web site's.

Most reactions