1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

RSS feeds

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by emod, Jun 20, 2012.

1. emod

emod iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi,

If I was to develop an app for the ipad containg some simple news features, can I use RSS feeds for free (eg Reuters)? I read they are for non-commercial use only, but what does it mean? Are there feeds for commercial use also?

Thanks!
  2. yof

yof iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    They mean as in using them as news. Like towards blogging, radio talk, etc etc. But you can use it for personal use.
  3. emod

emod iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Hi, thanks

so when we would provide the content of the feeds in an app for users (personal use) it would not be a problem?
    Even when the app will generate money through ads?
  4. yof

yof iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    It wouldnt be a problem if you provide feeds/rss for your viewers. Some rss apps generate money from ads but that only affects the developer of the app, not the person hosting their own rss.