What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can I restore an iPad 4.2.1 backup onto the iPad 2 with 4.3?

Greg G

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've already wiped a bunch of stuff off of my original iPad in preparation of giving it to my wife and daughter. I did a backup before removing anything but it occurred to me that perhaps I should have upgraded to 4.3 and backing that up before removing anything since the iPad 2 will have 4.3. Will I have a problem restoring the backup that was done at 4.2.1 onto my new iPad 2 running 4.3 tomorrow? I believe it should be ok because because it should just restore the apps and app status but there could be some settings conflicts. Hopefully Apple is smart enough to take this case into account.

I read another post that talks about restoring an iPhone backup so I am pretty sure I'm good but wanted some reassurance.

What do you guys think?

-Greg

Most reactions

Latest posts