What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can I post pictures without a source?

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Can anyone with the authority tell me if I can post funny / strange signposts that have no signature or source? Help me if you can! Thanks, squib/Diane
I was wrong to say photo's! They are just words that people wrote down of signs they saw outside a store, office or bathroom.

Last edited:
OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to stop upgrades I don't want to stop showing up in my app's app, without deleting the original app?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
App upgrade notifications can not be stopped. If you don't' want the upgrade all you can do is ignore it, and be careful not to tap the Upgrade All button.

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks, that's what I figured. I didn't know u til just now that there was an upgrade all option, :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It's pretty easy to overlook.

iOS 7 is supposed to introduce automatic upgrades. No idea if there will be controls to turn it on/off yet. I'm guessing that if there is not, there soon will be; because a lot of people are going to complain (loudly) if not. After all, just because a prominent U.S. Senator wants automatic updates doesn't mean everyone does. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks, that was a great chuckle!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's pretty easy to overlook. iOS 7 is supposed to introduce automatic upgrades. No idea if there will be controls to turn it on/off yet. I'm guessing that if there is not, there soon will be; because a lot of people are going to complain (loudly) if not. After all, just because a prominent U.S. Senator wants automatic updates doesn't mean everyone does. ;) YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YQXDQeKDlM
iOS 7 does indeed have controls to turn off automatic downloads and app updates. In iOS 7 there is a section in settings called iTunes & App Store. If you go there, you can turn off any or all of the 4 automatic download features. This has been present since iOS 7 beta 1. Here are two screenshots to illustrate the feature. image-2299956633.jpg image-4106338573.jpg The first shows automatic downloads and updates turned on and the second shows them turned off. The fourth control is the app update switch.

Last edited:
OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks, Scifan, what a great find! Thanks again, I will be using that tip for sure! :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sweet. Though I would have liked this ability per app, this is good enough. A good place to put the controls too. It makes sense.

Thanks, SciFan.

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Scifan, you are an awesome wealth of information and on behalf off us who are still stumbling and bumbling around until you come along and shine a light on the necessary place to learn and walk a little easier! :D. Two thumbs up!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Scifan, you are an awesome wealth of information and on behalf off us who are still stumbling and bumbling around until you come along and shine a light on the necessary place to learn and walk a little easier! :D. Two thumbs up!
Thanks, positive feedback is most welcome.

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Can someone please tell me that if I have synced my iPad to my laptop does this affect my battery in anyway. If my laptop is on and my iPad asleep does it drain any of my battery from my iPad. Sorry to be so clueless about this but I Bly just sychned my iPad on the weekend and don't know why my battery seems to be losing power more easily and even slows down a bit at times. Thanks, appreciate an answer to this iPad dummy.

Most reactions

Latest posts