What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FBI Launches Child ID App for Parents

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
FBI_Child_ID.JPG

The FBI announced today that it has launched a free iPhone app for parents called Child ID. This is the first app to be created by the FBI, and is designed to provide a means of electronically storing photos and vital information about your children so that they can immediately be shown to security or police officers in the unlikely event that a child should go missing. The app even has a special tab that enables you to email all the relevant information, including pictures of the child and physical identifiers such as height and weight details to authorities in just a few clicks, so that you don't waste precious seconds.

The FBI says that the app also contains tips on how to keep your children safe, as well as vital advice about what to do in the first few hours when a child goes missing.

On its website, the FBI asks specifically that people publicise the app as much as possible and tell their friends and family about it.

Click here to download the free app: FBI Child ID for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

Source: FBI — Child ID App, via TUAW

Destroyer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thats good, even is the parents responsabilities is a lot of sick people out there, and you never know.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That is awesome. Can Canadians use it?

64GB 3G White iPad

Destroyer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a man hunter to put it that way and is true, so much sick people is scary sometimes..!!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts