What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can I order an iPad 4 from US app store?

kayut

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I live in UK.
Can I order an iPad 4 from US app store instead of UK app store?
This way I will save around £80!

Thanks

FastAndFurious

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No you can't. Besides, unlike the UK prices, the us ones don't include taxes.

I_luv_Apple

iPF Novice
Reaction score
FastAndFurious said:
No you can't. Besides, unlike the UK prices, the us ones don't include taxes.

Well in theory you can. But your not taking into consideration tax as well as the custom charges that you will have to pay prior to delivery which makes the iPad substantially more than if you just purchased it in the UK.

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Are the UK iPad 4's exactly the same as the US versions?

I would think there may be differences.............like maybe the controls are on the other side of the iPad? :D

Last edited:

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well actually the 4 g version may be a different model unless they have added a totally new 4g chip that works world wide. There are 3 versions of the iPhone 5 and I suspect the same will apply for iPad 4. to support LTE in England and Australia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
buerkletucson said:

I would think there may be differences.............like maybe the controls are on the other side of the iPad? :D

Okay, Buerkletucson, having lived long enuf in the north woods myself..yes, in England controls are on the left hand side LOL

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Ah! Now that is where we Aussies differ from both you US and UK Guys. Living in the Southern Hemisphere, we hang upside down and our iPad controls are ON THE BOTTOM. (Of the iPads)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's funny but can we get back on track with the subject. Regarding buying iPads from the US apple store

There are ways to purchase from the USA itunes store regardless what country you live in most of which require a an agent whom adds a small fee onto the price. One would consider this if the exchange rate was real bad however Aussie is at an all time high so at the end of the day it is not worth it. The other factor is models the mini 4g and ipad4 latest model 4 g is a special build for Australia and Britain In fact I suspect there are 3 models of 4 g world wide to conform with the LTE networks that are different.

The long and short of it is buy ipads local and if you want to save monies set up a usa iTunes account to purchase media like music and apps etc I am more than willing to advise on how to do this if you do not know. Hope that helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts