What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad from the US in the UK

dankargo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys, I will soon have an iPad from the US but live in the UK. In the box the iPad has a US charger. I asked a friend of mine and he said the US/UK have different voltage systems and that I shouldn't use a UK adaptor as it could "fry" the iPad.

So I was just wondering, if I got one of these from the Apple store and used it, would it be safe to use with my iPad or could it overheat?

Apple iPad 10W USB Power Adapter - Apple Store (UK)

Thank You :)

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You better check before you buy a new one.
Almost any charger these days is a 110-230 VAC.
It used to be in the old days , that you had 2 different kinds.
It is hard to read the label on the adapter, but look at the store Q & A .
You will see Apples answer, that the adapters are 110-220.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys, I will soon have an iPad from the US but live in the UK. In the box the iPad has a US charger. I asked a friend of mine and he said the US/UK have different voltage systems and that I shouldn't use a UK adaptor as it could "fry" the iPad.

So I was just wondering, if I got one of these from the Apple store and used it, would it be safe to use with my iPad or could it overheat?

Thank You :)

Dear dankargo,

I have a UK iPad and the adaptor definitely says '100-240 volts'. As the other respondant says, it's almost universal these days. I wouldn't hesitate to use the US adaptor in the UK (of course, you'll need a UK plug adaptor).

Tim
Scotland

J.D

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.HaxorNoob.com
My iPad was bought in the US last year and I have using the US charger with my UK plug (just take the pack off the US plug and put it on your normal iPhone one) yes the voltages for both iPads are universal so it won't matter on that.

All of the iPad USB Power Adapters are 10W, worldwide so there is no worries there

Most reactions

Latest posts