What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem with App Store

Silverfox48

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I live in Italy and have an Italian Sim Card in my iPad. I purchased the iPad here in Italy. If I try and download anything
from the App Store a message appears stating::: Account not in this store. Your account is not valid for use in the UK
store, you must switch to the Italian store before purchasing.----- This has only just started to happen and I do not know how to switch to the Italian store.
Any advice please???

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I live in Italy and have an Italian Sim Card in my iPad. I purchased the iPad here in Italy. If I try and download anything
from the App Store a message appears stating::: Account not in this store. Your account is not valid for use in the UK
store, you must switch to the Italian store before purchasing.----- This has only just started to happen and I do not know how to switch to the Italian store.
Any advice please???

Scroll to the bottom of the AppStore home page and tap on your Apple ID. From the pop up that appears, select sign out. When you sign back in, by tapping the sign in button located where your Apple ID was located, you'll be given the option to change to the Italian AppStore, choose it and you should be able to download again.

Last edited:
OP
S

Silverfox48

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Scifan57, thank you very much for the reply. I have done as you suggested and it worked 1st time. Many thanks.

kondor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hy, thanks also.

now i have a itunes prepaid card, how do i use that with onley the ipad 2
greetings Ronald

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
hy, thanks also.

now i have a itunes prepaid card, how do i use that with onley the ipad 2
greetings Ronald

You can't restrict the use of an iTunes prepaid card to only one device if you have more than one device registered with the same Apple ID. You prepaid card will be used for all purchases from any device which shares the same Apple ID. If you want the use of the iTunes gift card restricted to your iPad 2, you'll have to set it up as a new iPad with another Apple ID and it will have no access to iTunes content purchased with your current ID.

kondor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
prepaid

You can't restrict the use of an iTunes prepaid card to only one device if you have more than one device registered with the same Apple ID. You prepaid card will be used for all purchases from any device which shares the same Apple ID. If you want the use of the iTunes gift card restricted to your iPad 2, you'll have to set it up as a new iPad with another Apple ID and it will have no access to iTunes content purchased with your current ID.

hy,
thanks for your answer. Apparently I have not asked the right question.
with only an ipad, so no other computer, how can i use a itunes prepaid card?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
hy,
thanks for your answer. Apparently I have not asked the right question.
with only an ipad, so no other computer, how can i use a itunes prepaid card?

All you have to do is go to the iTunes home page on your iPad and scroll all the way to the bottom of the page. Tap on the redeem button and you will see this pop up.

image-1799285101.jpg Enter your gift card number in the space provided and you will be able to make purchases until the gift card runs out.

InHisName

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a way to temporarily UNredeem one one iTunes card ($100) so that a $15 could be used when guest visit. That way I know there is a limit to any wild spending.

Sent from my iPad using iPF, still lots room left in 64GB

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is there a way to temporarily UNredeem one one iTunes card ($100) so that a $15 could be used when guest visit. That way I know there is a limit to any wild spending.

Sent from my iPad using iPF, still lots room left in 64GB

I don't believe you can do that. You can, however, go to Settings>General>Restrictions and make sure that iTunes and installing apps are turned off. That way no purchases can be made without your knowledge.

image-3896511937.jpg Make sure that no one knows your restrictions password.

Most reactions

Latest posts