What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can I make the font size really BIG?

DenverBen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have bad eye sight. :( I use the accessibility features to make the text really big on my phone and my iPad mini.

Does anyone have a similar problem? Is the iPad Pro with the bigger screen better for people that need to read big text?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The 12.9 inch iPad Pro and the plus sized iPhones have a Display Zoom setting. When the set to Zoom , the iPad and iPhone interfaces are the same as the smaller devices, blown up to fit the larger dispaly. So yes, whatever the settings of the smaller devices, you can have things larger on the largest devices.

This comes at the cost of some of the nice UI benefits of the larger devices. A device set in Zoom display mode acts exactly like the smaller device when it comes to the multitasking modes.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have bad eye sight. :( I use the accessibility features to make the text really big on my phone and my iPad mini.

Does anyone have a similar problem? Is the iPad Pro with the bigger screen better for people that need to read big text?

Hi DenverBen - well you have already discovered the 'accessibility' features; I have an iPad Air2 and wife an iPad Mini - I have a LOT of books on my device and would not want to read them on a Mini, so a 'larger' iPad should help. I also have glasses w/ dedicated lenses that only have my reading prescription w/ a little magnification added - have no problem reading my iPad books nor our daily newspapers.

Books have been written for a number of years w/ the added term '......for Seniors' or whatever - just looked on Amazon and a number of newer ones are available - NOW, I've never bought any of these books nor know the contents as to whether vision/font sizes/etc are addressed, but you might want to take a look - also questions can be asked there and hopefully those who own the book(s) will respond - good luck and let us know what might have helped you - this question arises occasionally - Dave :)
Screen Shot 2017-02-02 at 6.04.56 PM.png

Most reactions

Latest posts