What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can anyone help with Sync error?

beach1ady

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First, this issue only started yesterday. I have successfully sync'd many times before. Second, I did some clean up on my hard drive and suspect that I accidentally deleted something I shouldn't have but have no idea what. And, yes, I already emptied the trash. :(

Every time I try to sync the iPad it gets to step 5, which is syncing my photos, and stops. The error message says "The iPad "beach1ady's iPad" cannot be synched. The required file cannot be found."

Any help to resolve the issue will be greatly appreciated.
:confused:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This sounds like a question for our resident iTunes expert, twerppoet, who lives on the West Coast of the US and is now, most definitely, asleep (I made the mistake of saying this a short while ago, only to find he was still at his new iPad2).

Tim

OP
beach1ady

beach1ady

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This sounds like a question for our resident iTunes expert, twerppoet, who lives on the West Coast of the US and is now, most definitely, asleep (I made the mistake of saying this a short while ago, only to find he was still at his new iPad2).

Tim

Thanks Tim. I'll keep my fingers crossed that twerpoet finds my plea and is able to help. I'm so mad at myself for creating this problem. Grrrrr.

Happy Hump Day!

OP
beach1ady

beach1ady

iPF Noob
Reaction score
WooHoo! After more searching, I found an answer that worked in the Apple Support Communities. Here's what it said. I tried it and it worked. Yay!

Try deleting the iPod Photo Cache folder. For its location see:

iTunes: Understanding the iPod Photo Cache folder

Thanks Yptcn - we came to the same solution. Appreciate the help.

Yptcn

iPF Novice
Reaction score
As it drove me crazy for hours before I found this , I know how you must have felt ;)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Good thing I was asleep. Now I get to learn something. :D

I'd have probably had you turn syncing off, sync, then on agin, and sync. It's worked in the past, but probably takes a lot longer.

Sigh: link is broken. Apparently Apple is doing maintenance on the support site. I'll try again later.

Most reactions

Latest posts