What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The ipad 2 is a piece of crap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try not to express

both your ignorance and your lack of tact in one message and turn off the caps lock. Every 12 year old knows that is "shouting."

Get a good, firm grip on your emotions and take a deep breath. You have never seen the iPad2 so you are perhaps not very well qualified to make the rant you started this string with.

There has been no deception by Apple. The iPad2 is what they say it is and they said nothing at all until March 2. You may want to wait until you can see the results of the camera before calling it, "bad." You really do not know what you are talking about until you actually handle and see it. It certainly is not a disposable camera unless you have much more money than sense.

There have been no benchmark comparisons yet. The iPad2 won't be out until tomorrow.

OP
J

jhood2323

iPF Noob
Reaction score
my intentions wasn't to bash the product I was saying how diss pleased I was with the early reviews. I was looking at the ipad 2 as being another groundbreaking device. As for me being a noobie please . I have a had droid 1,2,x,vibrant,galaxy tab,huweii s7(all rooted),macbook pro '09 ,ipod touch 4 and ipad 1 16 3g. I'm just trying to take away the hype and actually look at the specs for what they are. If this thing was built by Coby would I buy it. Criticism comes in all forms. What i said weights heavy on current Ipad users minds if they're really into tech stuff. Is this thing really worth the hassle of selling my old one just to get the new one.If the ipad 3 dropped in sept.Everyone of yall would be like "omg Ipad 3 ,I must sell my 4 month old Ipad 2"I will wait until saturday to go the apple store to do a full cover of the ipad 2 for myself to decide. Tech reviews only give you a jest of what the device has to offer. Its mainly up to you if it's worth your money. I know the ipad 2 doesn't have optimized apps yeah neither does the xoom(no droll). As far as camera wise we do have a pretty idea of the quality of it as their are full daylight imovies on youtube now to give you an idea. I made the title and rely to catch people's attention and almost all of you have just repeated the keynote to me

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
Every one of us? I beg to differ with your inclusion of the whole of the iPad owners in your own little opinion. I have the initial release iPad, and I am staying with it. there is nothing wrong with it.

Generalities will bite you in the arse every time - best not to use them. In doing so, as far as I am concerned, invalidates your argument.

OP
J

jhood2323

iPF Noob
Reaction score
why are you not upgrade to the ipad 2 it has more ram ,faster processor, and dual cameras

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
I don't need cameras. I have never run into an app that has failed to launch due to memory, and my iPad isn't broken. There are people who exist who do not need to own every revision of a piece of hardware just to "be cool."

I still have, and use, my iPod Touch Gen 1. Does everything I want it to do.

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm getting one as my primary reason for not buying an iPad 1 was wanting cameras for Skype etc.

As for iTouch, smart phones etc. I find the screens of those too small to be useful for netsurfing, reading etc. so I've never bothered with one as I knew I wanted a tablet.

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
my intentions wasn't to bash the product I was saying how diss pleased I was with the early reviews. I was looking at the ipad 2 as being another groundbreaking device. As for me being a noobie please . I have a had droid 1,2,x,vibrant,galaxy tab,huweii s7(all rooted),macbook pro '09 ,ipod touch 4 and ipad 1 16 3g. I'm just trying to take away the hype and actually look at the specs for what they are. If this thing was built by Coby would I buy it. Criticism comes in all forms. What i said weights heavy on current Ipad users minds if they're really into tech stuff. Is this thing really worth the hassle of selling my old one just to get the new one.If the ipad 3 dropped in sept.Everyone of yall would be like "omg Ipad 3 ,I must sell my 4 month old Ipad 2"I will wait until saturday to go the apple store to do a full cover of the ipad 2 for myself to decide. Tech reviews only give you a jest of what the device has to offer. Its mainly up to you if it's worth your money. I know the ipad 2 doesn't have optimized apps yeah neither does the xoom(no droll). As far as camera wise we do have a pretty idea of the quality of it as their are full daylight imovies on youtube now to give you an idea. I made the title and rely to catch people's attention and almost all of you have just repeated the keynote to me

Come off ya high horse m8. It will get you nowhere here. I have seen the reviews, read them, watched them, hell, even reviewed the product myself, but you dont see me clamoring about what it doesnt have. Be grateful we even HAVE these devices. Think of how amazing the product IS instead of what it isnt.

-sigh- Why do i even try anymore?

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Be grateful we even HAVE these devices. Think of how amazing the product IS instead of what it isnt.

To be fair it's a fine line between being a too negative hater and over-emphasizing the negatives and being a too loyal fanboy and downplaying the negatives.

Best to be objective and look at both the positives and negatives when discussing gadgets IMO. No gadget (or anything else) ever made has been perfect for everyone's needs.

Just a matter of what is best in a certain product category. And iPad 2 is definitely the best tablet yet IMO.

FatalDesain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey it's the same price as the one before and everybody is still way behind (android, webos, RIM). Why are you complaining if you own an ipad you should keep it. But most people are selling their first gen for under 300 which is retarded because they want it so bad so I'm happy that people want it. ALready bought two ipads for under 300 with cases and sold them to 400 to suckers.

If you don't own an ipad and you have money to burn then the ipad2 is great buy. To me these tablets should be less but since apple doesn't have any competition I can't blame them. Second ipad is the easyist to jailbreak so why are people hating. Apps cost alot of money when you add them up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
David Pogue (NY Times) loves it saying...

"My friends, I’m telling you: just that much improvement in thinness, weight and speed transforms the experience."

SlashGear's Geekbench testing has confirmed the iPad 2 processor as being twice as fast as the iPhone4 and original single core iPad.

And the iPad2 will run iMovie! :)

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
Be grateful we even HAVE these devices. Think of how amazing the product IS instead of what it isnt.

To be fair it's a fine line between being a too negative hater and over-emphasizing the negatives and being a too loyal fanboy and downplaying the negatives.

Best to be objective and look at both the positives and negatives when discussing gadgets IMO. No gadget (or anything else) ever made has been perfect for everyone's needs.

Just a matter of what is best in a certain product category. And iPad 2 is definitely the best tablet yet IMO.
To be clear...I am no fanboy. I am an avid tech lover and reviewer, as well as a writer and teacher. I own a xoom, think its crap right now because of the amount of work needed to be done to make it work right (root,hack,hack,flash,ROM, etc). I own an android phone and love it. Wouldn't trade it for the world. but as far as tablets go, Apple has my vote. I own windows computers and can not really stand mac computers as a gamer.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Second ipad is the easyist to jailbreak and get free apps so why are people hating. Apps cost alot of money when you add them up.
Yeah, at 99¢ each, you'll have $25-30 in apps in no time!

There are tons of legitimately free apps available through iTunes and Cydia.

Of course I know that when you say "get free apps" that you are not talking about cracked apps from a cracked app repository, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions