What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

camera

supersteve1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it true that you can only put photos on the ipad, if you purchase the camera kit, if it is , i think it is disgusting, thats not mentioned in any of the reviews.
The price of the ipad, you should have that included in the price.:(

Taylork1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think that's the way it is. I bought the camera kit and was surprised that the pics didn't sync back to iTunes. That limitation makes the camera kit useless for me, because the pic on the iPad would be the only copy. If I have to also download to the PC to have a backup, what's the point of the camera kit? I only used the connector once for that reason. For me, it was a waste of $. If there is a way to sync with iTunes, please let me know.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it true that you can only put photos on the ipad, if you purchase the camera kit, if it is , i think it is disgusting, thats not mentioned in any of the reviews.
The price of the ipad, you should have that included in the price.:(

There are a multitude of ways to get photos to the iPad - no need to use the camera kit unless you want to. The camera kit is convenient if you want to transfer a lot of photos straight from your camera - either using an SD card or the USB cable - it's much faster.

You can email photos as attachments, or transfer them using iTunes, or using a third party app - such as GoodReader - via WiFi or USB, or via the Apple MobileMe iDisk cloud server - via WiFi or 3G.

I usually email mine because I only have a few on my iPad, but I've tried the other methods too and they work fine. I have the camera kit and use that if I have a lot I want to display to family and friends when I'm 'out and about'

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions

Latest posts