What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camera Interface Usage and File Portability

slothead

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
tjmanson1.wordpress.com
I bought the Apple iPad camera interface that came with two adapters: 1) a secure digital (SD) card interface, and 2) a USB interface.

The SD interface works great for importing images (and I suppose the USB would too if you used it for importing images from a camera). I tried an experiment with a non-image file this morning. I loaded a pdf into a folder on a thumb-drive named DCIM (typical of image folders in cameras) to see if the iPad would import it. The iPad saw the file, and imported it as expected, but it would not open it (probably because the file was not an image file).

But now I couldn't do anything with the file. I couldn't move it to my iAnnotate ap or my GoodReader ap. It was just stuck there in the photo gallery.

Is there anyway to move a file in the photo gallery to another ap?

Most reactions

Latest posts