What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calendar sync

rwsinky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an IPad mini 3 that I have set up but it is not pulling my calendar from ICloud. This is frustrating as I have 2 IP 6's and another IPad mini that work great. I have set the 2 IPad's side by side and campared settings and it still is not syncing. Where is the Icloud id stored that tells the Ipad where to get it's calendar info from? The IPad in question also does not show as a device when I log into ICloud. The other 3 do. HELP!!!
Russ

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Look at Settings - iCloud: is Calendars enabled?

If it is, open the Calendar app, tap Calendars at the bottom and make sure your iCloud calendar is check marked.

OP
R

rwsinky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
JA, Thanks for the reply. I wound up deleting the ICloud account on the IPad and setting it back up. That fixed the problem. I must have fat fingered something when setting up.

lizzieh

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My calendars won't sync between my iPad and my iPhone.

lizzieh

iPF Novice
Reaction score
By account do you mean the iTunes sign in account? If so its the same on both.

lizzieh

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sorry, I'm not very good,at this, you mean the same email address? If so its the same on both.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No problem. Yes, I meant the email address.

If your devices are not up to date, then update them. The latest iOS is 9.3.1 for iPad 2 and later, as well as iPhone 4s and onwards.

Take a look at your date and time settings (Settings - General - Date & Time), they should be correct, or else the devices won't sync.

Make sure your internet connection is working correctly. Try opening a random website in Safari on both devices.

Then take a look at your settings in Mail, Contacts, Calendars - Calendars - Default Calendar. It should be the same calendar on both iDevices.

If the calendar still doesn't sync, open the Calendar app (both devices again). At the bottom, you'll find "Calendars". Tap it, to take a look at the calendars enabled in the app. Again: it should be the same one(s) on both devices.

Another option would be to drag down the calendars view (still in the Calendar app, in Calendars). A spinning wheel will show that it's trying to sync. Missing events should appear afterwards.

Hope that helps.

lizzieh

iPF Novice
Reaction score
On the iPhone another option for Calendar is visible but isn't on the iPad. I guess this is where the problem is. But why is there not the additional calendar on the iPad? I haven't added one from the App Store. It's the default apple calendar on both.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    146.8 KB · Views: 387

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It looks like you created an additional calendar on your iPhone. I can't find a way to duplicate your problem on my iPhone. Calendars are tied to the email account where Calendar is enabled. I can't imagine an email account called "On my iPhone".

It's possible to save notes to one device only, without syncing them, but I can't find this option for Calendars.

Are there any events connected to this calendar? If so, edit the information, and use one of your other calendars. Then they should start syncing to the iPad.

lizzieh

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes I agree, so I have had to delete the additional iPhone calendar, losing past events, but not important as have all in paper diary. Now both sync fine. Thanks for your help.

lizzieh

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Actually just unticking the extra calendar on the iPhone was all that I needed to do. So my past events are still on the phone should I need them.

Most reactions

Latest posts