Calendar sync

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by rwsinky, Aug 27, 2015.

1. rwsinky

rwsinky
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I have an IPad mini 3 that I have set up but it is not pulling my calendar from ICloud. This is frustrating as I have 2 IP 6's and another IPad mini that work great. I have set the 2 IPad's side by side and campared settings and it still is not syncing. Where is the Icloud id stored that tells the Ipad where to get it's calendar info from? The IPad in question also does not show as a device when I log into ICloud. The other 3 do. HELP!!!
    Russ

2. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Look at Settings - iCloud: is Calendars enabled?

If it is, open the Calendar app, tap Calendars at the bottom and make sure your iCloud calendar is check marked.

3. rwsinky

rwsinky
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    JA, Thanks for the reply. I wound up deleting the ICloud account on the IPad and setting it back up. That fixed the problem. I must have fat fingered something when setting up.

4. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm glad it's working now. :)

5. lizzieh

lizzieh
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    My calendars won't sync between my iPad and my iPhone.

6. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Which account do you use for the calendars? Make sure the same one is/are enabled on both devices.

7. lizzieh

lizzieh
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    By account do you mean the iTunes sign in account? If so its the same on both.

8. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    The same accounts in Mail, Contacts, Calendars.

9. lizzieh

lizzieh
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Sorry, I'm not very good,at this, you mean the same email address? If so its the same on both.

10. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    No problem. Yes, I meant the email address.

If your devices are not up to date, then update them. The latest iOS is 9.3.1 for iPad 2 and later, as well as iPhone 4s and onwards.

Take a look at your date and time settings (Settings - General - Date & Time), they should be correct, or else the devices won't sync.

Make sure your internet connection is working correctly. Try opening a random website in Safari on both devices.

Then take a look at your settings in Mail, Contacts, Calendars - Calendars - Default Calendar. It should be the same calendar on both iDevices.

If the calendar still doesn't sync, open the Calendar app (both devices again). At the bottom, you'll find "Calendars". Tap it, to take a look at the calendars enabled in the app. Again: it should be the same one(s) on both devices.

Another option would be to drag down the calendars view (still in the Calendar app, in Calendars). A spinning wheel will show that it's trying to sync. Missing events should appear afterwards.

Hope that helps.