What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sync Notes

hberninger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree with Twerppoet. I use Evernote and love it. My memory has disappeared in my old age, so I make tons of notes and they are seamlessly available on my iPad, iPhone, MacBook, and iMac.

Duraiken

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There isn't a way to sync with my current setup? I'd really prefer that. I think I had the Evernote app for a while but when when I tried to use it for the first time I realized I needed to start another new account. I've got far too many passwords already. If I have to I'll get another app, but I'd prefer not to. I've tried sending the files by email to myself, but they came out in a non-wordwrapped unformatted mess with no spaces between any words.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Both iCloud and GMail sync notes with a folder on their email servers. There is no way (that I know of) to make them sync with an actual note application on the computer.

From the sounds of things OS X Mountain Lion is going to change this around a bit, since it will add a Notes app to the Mac that will sync to iCloud and iOS devices. I'm not sure how they are going to do that, so I don't know if it will also create a new syncing option on Windows machines.

If it does happen it will probably require an update to iOS 5 and the iCloud control panel on Windows, or we may have to wait even longer for iOS 6.

Now, it is just barely possible there is an app for Windows that will create/edit and manage notes in using the notes folder in your GMail and/or iCloud account; but I've never looked for one.

Most reactions