What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Syncing Calendar both ways on new iPad with Intel Mac Calendar

garrymiethe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a question about syncing the calendar on my new iPad with my intel desktop Mac with OS X Lion 10.7.4 (11E53). Everything on my iPad calendar automatically goes over to my desktop Mac calendar via the iCloud. No problems with that. My problem is that when I put something in my desktop Mac calendar, it does not go over to my iPad. I want both calendars to be constantly up to date. I can't find anything in the settings on either machine to help me out. Can you help please?
Garry.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
A few ideas:

Make sure that you are not accidentally adding stuff to a local calendar on the Mac rather than one of the iCloud synced ones.

Check icloud.com on the Mac and make sure the updates (both ways) are happening there. If they are, try deleting your iCloud account in iCal on the Mac. Let it delete all calendars. The add the account again.

Double check your iCloud settings in System Preferences. Try turning them off, then on again.

OP
G

garrymiethe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your suggestions. I have been traveling so sorry about the late reply. I won't be home at my Mac until end of August so will try your suggestions then. You have already been helpful letting me know that what I ask should be possible. I will let you know how I go. Cheers.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You are welcome. Let us know how it worked out when you get home.

You can check your icloud.com site to see if they are syncing there. Use any computer with a reasonably up to date browser. Just don't check the remember me box, and log out when you are done.

Most reactions