What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calendar problems!

Marcher

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello fellow ipad'ers
I have a little problem, i want a calender, which i can have base at my home pc win7, copy it so i can watch i on my ipad AND my androidphone(garmin a50), and hopefully sync it easy, anyone knows a solution to this problem, i would love to know. So i wanna know if there are any good calendar where it is possible if not able on cal(ipad) nor cal(android)?

Best regards
Marcher

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello fellow ipad'ers
I have a little problem, i want a calender, which i can have base at my home pc win7, copy it so i can watch i on my ipad AND my androidphone(garmin a50), and hopefully sync it easy, anyone knows a solution to this problem, i would love to know. So i wanna know if there are any good calendar where it is possible if not able on cal(ipad) nor cal(android)?

Best regards
Marcher

I use Informant HD. It's a very comprehensive diary/calendar/task/project manager that syncs easily and automatically with numerous other calendar apps - Google, PC calendar apps. Since the sync between Android and Google calendar is seamless, this could work fine. If you look up the app in the iPad app store and then follow the link to the developer's web site you can download a very comprehensive manual and check out the app in detail.

One thing that really sold it for me was that it 'sits on top of' the iPad's native calendar app and (optionally) integrates that app's appointments etc into it's own database. This is useful because many other iPad apps - i.e iPad Mail - use the iPad's native calendar app as their target for incoming appointments etc.

It also has infinitely configurable recurring appointment options for repeating entries - very useful if people don't always want to meet you every week! So setting up recurring meetings on the first Thursday and sec on Tuesday of every other month is no problem!

I should add, of course, that I have no connection whatsoever with the company other than being a very satisfied customer. For an app it's relatively expensive but, like many things in this world, you get what you pay for!

Tim
Scotland

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I use Google Calendars to sync across all my stuff, Mac OS X, iOS, and Android. There shouldn't be any problem setting up Google Calendar sync on Outlook or some other Windows program. Or you can just use the web interface.

As appency says, best to do this by setting up your Google account as an Exchange account. That way you can have Contacts and more than one calendar.

Here are the Google help instructions for setting up your account and syncing multiple calendars. Let me know if you have trouble with them. I have more detailed instructions tucked away, they just aren't copy&pasting nicely.

http://www.google.com/support/mobile/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=138740

Choosing Which Calendars to Sync : Mail, Calendar, & Contacts - Google Mobile Help

Last edited:

Jknight701

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been having problems adding new events on my iPad after syncing with someone's computer. I don't think that I sync with their calendar but ever since I can add new events.

Most reactions

Latest posts