1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Ipad cal sync to google.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by mattilindahl, Mar 7, 2013.

1. mattilindahl

mattilindahl iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think this issue has been up before however,
    Anyone who has a "simple" solution how to use ipads calendar as the
    Primary, default cal and everything that you write in this cal syncs to a google calender app, on the iPad.
    I know the reverse thing seems to be the standard , but this reverse sync seems impossible to fix, any help on this problem much appreciated! /matt Sweden
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
  2. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,915 / 1
    I'm not sure what you mean. The Calendar app should work in a true two way sync with Google Calendars when set up.

Use the default GMail setup to add the account in Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account > GMail. You can turn off Mail and Note syncing if you don't want them. Then use this site to turn on syncing for any extra calendars you want to sync.

https://www.google.com/calendar/iphoneselect

This method should work more consistently than adding calendars individually via the Other option with the links you can copy form the Google site. With that method can end up with unpredictable results; depending on whether you set them up as the primary user or shared calendars (with either write or only read privileges). That's not to say this method does not work, only that there are more options, and therefore more opportunities to set the wrong options.

Good luck.
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2013