What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cabin Rental Scheduling App?

Superiormirage

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Greetings All,

I am a long-time lurker in these forums and I have a question I haven't seen posted before. A close relative owns a small cabin-rental/RV site business. Since the business was started, she has kept track of her tenants via her head or a small calender book. However, she is getting up in years and has started forgetting tenants and dates. I was tasked with finding her a software solution to keep track of her tenants and the dates she has already booked. Is there anything in the app store that would suit her needs?

Requirements:

Easy to use: She is good on her iPad, but is by no means a tech.
Ability to add 'resources' (Cabins, RV sites) and book each one separately.u
Ideally, it would warn her if she tried to book a cabin/site that was already booked.
The ability to set nightly, weekly, and monthly rated and spit out a total at the end of their visit.
Optionally, if it could print out a monthly calender, that would be good.

Is there anything out there that would suit her needs?

Thanks in advance.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I would assume Numbers would be the way to go, however my spreadsheet ability is somewhat less than limited.

The app costs $10 from the App Store.

OP
S

Superiormirage

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KevinJS,

Thank you for the reply!

Numbers might be able to do what I need it to, but my spreadsheet ability is rubbish. I was really hoping for as close to a stand-alone solution as possible.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I would imagine one could do this just using Google Calender and linking it back to your iPad.

When a cabin in reserved, one collections the customer info and makes a calender entry over the dates in question for the cabin in question. One could create a calender for each cabin. You can view more than one calender in Google Calender. And you can set alarms - popups and emails.

Just an idea!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I've been struggling with this issue for a while, on a smaller scale, I'm sure. I live in an RV park. Because my aunt owns it I help out, and tracking reservations is one of the things I attempt. The few solutions I've found have been fairly expensive, and I can't figure out quite what they do. Since I'm a cheapskate I keep trying to find an easy/cheap self made solution; with limited and not entirely satisfactory results.

At various times I've used Numbers (to track payments), Calendar to track reservations, and Popplet to track a combination of things. The problem is they require duplicate entry and quite a bit of fiddling to work.

My current experiment is with the Corkulous app. By setting up a list of spaces and a rough timeline I can add almost everything I need: Contact info, Notes, schedule, task checkboxes (like arrival and payment), and even a picture of the rig and/or license. It's still fiddly, but perhaps usable. The main issue is that things keep ending up on top of the wrong things. A tweaking of the layout should fix that. Different items can be grouped, so that they always move together, which is handy.

I'm still using Calendar and some duplicate efforts to make sure I receive notifications for impending arrivals.

Actual payment records still need to go into Numbers or some other system. Mostly I just use the receipt book.

The below attachments/links are the mockup I made prior to entering real data. The layout and reservations are right, but the info is all placeholder stuff.

https://www.box.com/s/c7891fo1xgss09u3liyy
https://www.box.com/s/q7zsz13764j16453ue79

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts