What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buying Direct to iCloud

gnrbeaumont

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a way to purchase direct to iCloud without downloading to a device (Until you want to listen)?

example: buy a large box set direct ti iCloud and only download to devices parts of box sets as and when you want to listen.

KaiHD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
gnrbeaumont said:
Is there a way to purchase direct to iCloud without downloading to a device (Until you want to listen)?

example: buy a large box set direct ti iCloud and only download to devices parts of box sets as and when you want to listen.

Just set automatic downloading to off in Settings. Turn the music slider to off on all your iOS devices and the music you buy will only be stored on iCloud. Just go to the Purchased tab in iTunes on your device and click download when you feel like listening.

- Sent from my BRAND-NEW iPad 2! :D

OP
G

gnrbeaumont

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did not express my question correctly. I do not want it to download to ANY device. I just tried what you uggested. I turned music slider off on iPad. Then I bought an album from iPad. The album downloaded to iPad. What i was hoping is that I could buy FROM PC, iPhone, or iPad and the purchase would go straight to iCloud without downloading to any device (until I manully told it to retrieve from iCloud)

KaiHD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
gnrbeaumont said:
I did not express my question correctly. I do not want it to download to ANY device. I just tried what you uggested. I turned music slider off on iPad. Then I bought an album from iPad. The album downloaded to iPad. What i was hoping is that I could buy FROM PC, iPhone, or iPad and the purchase would go straight to iCloud without downloading to any device (until I manully told it to retrieve from iCloud)

I don't it can work like that. Purchases are auto-downloaded to the device you used for purchase. Unless you cancel the download immediately after the purchase or something.

PS. Does this have to do with that new Beatles box set that just came out? ;)

- Sent from my BRAND-NEW iPad 2! :D

OP
G

gnrbeaumont

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes. You guessed it. I do not want to tie up my desktop or ipad by several hours of downloading time.

Given the technology that must underlie the "matching" service, a direct download (really just "purchased" designation) ought to be very doable.

Most reactions

Latest posts