1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Browsing the iTunes App store

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Terrell45, May 6, 2010.

1. Terrell45

Terrell45 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It used to be that you could go to the iTunes app store, select a category (games, productivity, etc.) and look at all of the apps in that category. My more recent experience has been that you can browse the top X number of apps in a category but not all of them. Some of the best apps I found for my iPod Touch, such as the BII financial calculator, I ran across by browsing a whole category. Is there still a way to do the type of browsing I was originally doing or are there simply too many apps in the categories to allow that anymore?
  2. cherhall

cherhall iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    You can still do it on iTunes on a computer, but I also haven't found it on the app store on iPad.
  3. Terrell45

Terrell45 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cherhall, I must be doing something wrong. When I go to the iTunes store using my computer I can get, for example, the Top 100 paid APPs but not all of the APPs in a category. Now if I am looking for something specific like a PDF reader APP, the iTunes search feature brings up a lot of choices (presumably everything).
  4. cherhall

cherhall iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Run iTunes, click the little arrow next to the app store link, choose the category. In the center of the page is a complete list. Off to the sides are the TOP lists.
  5. iVan

iVan iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Don't forget to tick the "More choices" next to a list.
  6. Terrell45

Terrell45 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cherhall, you are absolutely right! I had just been clicking on the APP Store link and not looking at the drop down box. Thank you very much.
  7. Terrell45

Terrell45 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ivan, thank you. Between Cherhall and you I have the answers I have been looking for.
  8. cherhall

cherhall iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I also have found you can do it on the iPad too. Open app store, then click on categories. Then at the top of the page choose release date and you'll get the entire list. The only thing I've not seen are the subcategories you find under games, that you can find on the computer version.
  9. Terrell45

Terrell45 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I received notice today that the iPad I ordered has been shipped. When I get it, I will definitely use it to check out the iStore. Thanks again for the advice.
  10. Bremen

Bremen iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    And a good thing to do while you are waiting is to be sure you have the latest itunes installed on your computer. That way when you get your iPad (yea!) you are good to go....
  11. Jimbobboy

Jimbobboy iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Once you have read your books in Ibooks, can your turn them back in to a used book section, or remove them, or maybe turn them into the local library. Don't want to waste them or just delete if there is a better option. Thanks.
  12. Bremen

Bremen iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    No to all. Keep them and you will build a personal library. I have been reading ebooks for over 10 years, and have over 1200 books. The beauty is I can carry my entire library on a USB stick.... :)