Brought my ipad to

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by sweet, Jun 6, 2010.

1. figmo10

figmo10
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    I bring the iPad out when I'm in waiting situations. People don't care.

2. Blueroomelectronics

Blueroomelectronics
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Here in Toronto the reaction varies. The most interesting one was the fellow who told me he had a friend with one last fall but didn't like it so he returned it! Couldn't convince him it wasn't an iPad his friend had.

3. yvrgal

yvrgal
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    That's hilarious! It's probably a Kindle. :D

4. Seadog

Seadog
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Being in a college town, most of the technofreaks try to not react to new technology. It carries through with the general public. The first person that asked me what it was, said is that a Kindle?

5. Kargurin

Kargurin
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Never occurred to me to show the ipad off in public just to gain attention. Whats the big deal, they got 'em out on display at Best Buy. That's as pedestrian as it gets. LOL!

6. GailLA

GailLA
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I recently took my iPad out to take notes at a local meeting. I got a number of -- "is that a?" and "I want one". One person tried to pick it up to see how much it weighed. I kept a hand on it and said, "about 1.5 pounds". I sat there with my agenda and other notes while everyone else shuffled paper. I took notes straight into the agenda using Pages. It was great!

7. mickyirish

mickyirish
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I wish my girlfriend would not notice it .......her and Angry Birds/PVz's make me angry and Zombified!!!! :mad:

8. Checkpoint

Checkpoint
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I'm afraid that if I bring it to star bucks or to any store that has to do with drinking liquids, I'll spill it all over the iPad lol.

9. henry2

henry2
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    i think it funny when i am sitting some place and it the older people who are not really into the whole computer screne and they are the ones who i will take the time to explain how the ipad works and what you can do with it and what you can not do with it ..

most time in the large citys it a great way to kill time when iam at work ..i just sit and have to wait for the installlers and the techs figure out the problem when the system is in test mode and i will grab the ipad and sit and play games into they say on the radio to start again ..

i call it my second brain at times for it will remember details when i write something down as a quick note when something is not right or when i make up the food shopping list i can check it off as it need .

10. Holly

Holly
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I've taken one to a car dealership when my Miata was in for service. It was ignored but I was using it as a book reader at the time. I got a surprising reaction though when I was "playing" with one at the Future Shop. People were quite negative in their comments when they saw it. Of course, I told them how happy I was as an owner of one.