What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brought my ipad to

sweet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Starbucks.

Yep i took my ipad out into the wild to a local star bucks as i felt the need to show it off. Call me a douche whatever you want its fine. That was my sole intention to show off my new shiney iPad. Instead no one asked me about it and i sat there drinking my latte, screwing around on the web. How sad. My question is, do people come say stuff to you fellow ipad owners?? I was there for a good two hours and got nothing.

Post your results here

yvrgal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Starbucks.

Yep i took my ipad out into the wild to a local star bucks as i felt the need to show it off. Call me a douche whatever you want its fine. That was my sole intention to show off my new shiney iPad. Instead no one asked me about it and i sat there drinking my latte, screwing around on the web. How sad. My question is, do people come say stuff to you fellow ipad owners?? I was there for a good two hours and got nothing.

Post your results here

Ha ha!! That's funny cause I did the same thing yesterday. But I was at Starbucks with the sole purpose to kill time with my iPad. A couple of people came up asking me about my new toy but to be honest, it was kind of a nuisance because I was trying to read. I don't mind them asking me about it but them asking if they can hold it or try it? I flat out refused.

Finally, as I was packing my iPad away, an elderly couple came up to me and asked, "Are you leaving?". They don't want to check out my iPad. They just simply want the comfy couch that I was sitting on for hours.

mach5k

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a wall st analyst and we have a big conference once a year. Going through the conference you would have thought I brought a cute puppy to an elementary school. People were constantly asking about it, what I can do with it, etc. In fact a couple of clients called me the next week for advice on set up.

this thing is the geek version of driving a corvette to high school!!!

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, they come up to me in the airport when I travel all the time. We are obviously the opposite though because I wish people would just leave me the f*** alone.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In many cases, I have been ignored, and a couple times, I was asked a few questions. I do not use it much in public, and a lot of the people are not bright enough to know what it is.

r34p3rex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe you just got lucky :D I recently brought it to my friend's apartment (unintentionally), and they were swarming all over me

Teacher's Pet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I get swarmed everywhere, I live in a town of about 50 thousand and there's no iPad retailers in town so I haven't seen many around. I get swarmed everywhere. Sometimes I want to be left alone, sometimes I like the attention.

The geeks at the bookstore/coffee shop went absolutely crazy about it. I have learned to plan ahead. For example, taking the iPad into the cosmetic section of a department store while I was running errands for my mother who just had surgery, was one of the best thing I ever did. Hot chicks in white coats were all over me. I made a few new friends, and only left on a promise that I would return with the iPad for another visit.

Sometimes I want to be left alone, but when there's a gorgeous young babe asking if she can "touch it" I don't mind the attention at all. I was thinking "well hell yeah you can touch it, let me set this iPad down out of the way and then we'll get busy"

I've gotten free food on two occasions for taking the time to show the people behind the counter some of the iPad's capabilities

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Haven't taken the iPad out, but I remember intentionally pulling my iPhone out (had one on day one) waiting for the comments that always came! It would probably be annoying if it happened constantly, but it was fun upon occasion.

D

deoknam

I've been bringing my iPad along with me. To restaurants,fast foods and coffeeshops. There were a lot of silent admirers from the way they ere craning their necks. But Im glad none had the nerve to ask if they can touch it :p I would have refuse too :D

Greggles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a 4 hour round trip commute into work by train Mon-Fri, during which I play with/ work on my iPad most of the time. reaction from my fellow travelers ranges from passive indifference to overt interest (it has after all only been officially available in the UK for a week and a half). I usually just play the 45 second ad (which I've downloaded onto it) and point them in the direction of the nearest Apple Store - unless they are "hot" of course! :D

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bring the iPad out when I'm in waiting situations. People don't care.

Reaction score
Here in Toronto the reaction varies. The most interesting one was the fellow who told me he had a friend with one last fall but didn't like it so he returned it! Couldn't convince him it wasn't an iPad his friend had.

yvrgal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here in Toronto the reaction varies. The most interesting one was the fellow who told me he had a friend with one last fall but didn't like it so he returned it! Couldn't convince him it wasn't an iPad his friend had.

That's hilarious! It's probably a Kindle. :D

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Being in a college town, most of the technofreaks try to not react to new technology. It carries through with the general public. The first person that asked me what it was, said is that a Kindle?

Kargurin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Never occurred to me to show the ipad off in public just to gain attention. Whats the big deal, they got 'em out on display at Best Buy. That's as pedestrian as it gets. LOL!

Most reactions

Latest posts