What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cracked Glass

vin_bom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a crack in the glass of my iPAD 3. It is not shattered, just a long single crack from corner to corner. I have no idea how it happened. The iPAD has never been dropped and I have an Apple flip cover on it plus a Zagg screen shield.
Has anyone had any luck with Apple replacing under warranty? I bought it at Best Buy but I am wondering if I should go to an Apple store for better response...

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, I would go to the Apple store. If there is no evidence of an impact that caused the crack, then it might be possible to claim that it was some how defective. My slight concern is that the Zagg screen shield might somehow alter the equation, but I can't really know. You'll just have to go deal with them. Best to go ASAP, I think.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ocasionaly as a goodwill gesture Apple will replace a device with a cracked screen but it isnt guaranteed,good luck though..

DanielFro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My last iPad was open doing nothing much and the screen cracked before my very eyes.
On sharing my story, the guys and girls at the genius bar in the apple store made a fuss. They hadn't seen this before. So they told me.
I got a replacement iPad there and then foc
Although they did say that technically they were acting out of goodwill rather than obligation.

Most reactions

Latest posts