What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brand new member

pattiepie61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all, I'm a first generation iPad user. Just joining to get some assistance on how to fix my stylus.

NickyD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello ! What's wrong with your stylus? First, You need a capacitive stylus, not a resistive one. Second, you posted your question in a wrong area of the forum :)

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
NickyD said:
Hello ! What's wrong with your stylus? First, You need a capacitive stylus, not a resistive one. Second, you posted your question in a wrong area of the forum :)

Pattie is ok to post this in the intro since She's saying she has just joined and this is his first post with a question attached.

Otherwise, we would move it based on situation.

Last edited:

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello all, I'm a first generation iPad user. Just joining to get some assistance on how to fix my stylus.

Hi Pattie..yes, a little more info would be helpful for us to help you. Otherwise try to use the Search for your question, chances are others may have answered it for you.

Welcome to the iPadForum! This Forum offers so much information related to the iPad and its use. The IPF has many discussion topics related to: Acessories, Help, Apple News, Hacking, Gaming, Business/Education, Special Needs and Health.

The iPadForum also includes a Regional Ipad Group for international users across the world. This is a wonderful area to "find" members from your own country.
Regional iPad Groups

If you have not done so, please take a look at the iOS 5.0 and 5.1:
Connecting to the iTunes Store.
iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5.1 by Apple Inc.

Finally, please read the rules!
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

OP
pattiepie61

pattiepie61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you skimonkey. I did go to the accessories section after my first post. And I wasn't able to find anything that helped. The film has worn off the tip and I was looking to see of there were any suggestings to fix it as I don't want to have to buy a new one. They're not cheap. The one post that I found was asking the same question, but there was no response.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you skimonkey. I did go to the accessories section after my first post. And I wasn't able to find anything that helped. The film has worn off the tip and I was looking to see of there were any suggestings to fix it as I don't want to have to buy a new one. They're not cheap. The one post that I found was asking the same question, but there was no response.

Hey Pattie, gosh not sure how to replace the rubber nib on a stylus. Is this a special stylus that maybe under warranty?

I thought I saw some styluses that were reasonably priced, so maybe have another look. I hope that others may be able to chime in with their thoughts.

OP
pattiepie61

pattiepie61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
Hey Pattie, gosh not sure how to replace the rubber nib on a stylus. Is this a special stylus that maybe under warranty?

I thought I saw some styluses that were reasonably priced, so maybe have another look. I hope that others may be able to chime in with their thoughts.

I hope so too, if not I may try something. If it works I'll post it in the correct section. Thanks again. :)

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Pattie and welcome to the Forum!

I have read somewhere that some styli can be taken apart and a piece of gauze, I'm thinking stocking was placed over the tip and then reattached.

Not sure if this will help you at all but just thought I'd mention it and I'm sure I read it here also.

corncob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I order my styluses on amazon.com. Something like $1.50 a 3-pack shipped from Hong Kong. I didn't notice anything about capacitive or resistive but they work fine. I'd post a link but I don't think they allow me to do that but do a search.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
corncob said:
I order my styluses on amazon.com. Something like $1.50 a 3-pack shipped from Hong Kong. I didn't notice anything about capacitive or resistive but they work fine. I'd post a link but I don't think they allow me to do that but do a search.

I got cheap stylus' like that from eBay, they work, but they don't last. The rubber tips start to wear out after a few weeks. The ones I got started leaving a trail on my iPad's screen. Paid about $20 for a store bought one, been using it ever since. 6 months plus so far.

LefseQueen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dhewson777 said:
I got cheap stylus' like that from eBay, they work, but they don't last. The rubber tips start to wear out after a few weeks. The ones I got started leaving a trail on my iPad's screen. Paid about $20 for a store bought one, been using it ever since. 6 months plus so far.

Do you remember where you purchased your stylus? I want a good quality stylus that will last me a good long time. I use a screen protector; will that hinder using a stylus?

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
LefseQueen said:
Do you remember where you purchased your stylus? I want a good quality stylus that will last me a good long time. I use a screen protector; will that hinder using a stylus?

My stylus was bought in a store. I'm sure someone can recommend a quality stylus available widely online for you. They should work with a screen protector, particularly a good one. Some cheaper screen protectors may have a surface that causes extra friction (not a smooth as the screen itself) which just may reduce the smoothness of the overall usage.

Most reactions

Latest posts