What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New wheee!

scburchill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a brand new Apple user - received my iPad last week and have much to learn . So far - I'm in the early stages of just finding out what the best apps are,! Any and all assistance is greatly appreciated! So - for now - how do I delete unwanted apps? Also - I'm having difficulty getting back to places I've visited . How do I leave bookmarks? This is my first Apple product and I'm not very computer - savvy! ( embarrassing but true ) thanks and peace . ,

Last edited:

Chays

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to ipf,

Ok firstly if you want to delete an app, touch the app and hold you finger on it till it starts moving and a black and white X appears (+_ 2 seconds). By clicking the cross a popup window will appear asking you to confirm you want to delete it, if you click delete, it will be gone. You will have to reinstall it via the app store.

Ok, now while I'm talking about this I will mention that while all the apps are moving as I explained above, you are able to organize them and move them to different pages, positions and if you put it on top of another app it will create a folder. If you wish to move the app to a different or new page, you will need to move it into that bar at the bottom, then change pages by swiping to the side, then move it out of that bar onto the page.

Ok next, the bookmark... While in safari you will see in the top-middle of the app, just to the left of the address bar the is a button with a square and an arrow, if you click that, you will be able to add a bookmark, as well as (if in IOS 5) the options to: add to your reading list, add to your home screen, mail the link, tweet the link or print it.

The icon directly to the left of that arrow button, the one that looks like a book, is where all your saved bookmarks go. You also have the option to look at you history, all the pages you have visited, by clicking the book button, then clicking history.

Hope this answers your questions and wasn't too complicated
Chays

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there and welcome.

There is lots of good advice and info on here plus plenty of members all too willing to help with any problems.

Remember, search is your friend.......and please don't forget to read the rules http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

These are the hacking section rules for all you jail breakers (and would be jail breakers) http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/2892-hacking-section-rules-please-read.html

We also have an app for this forum. The link to download the app is: Discussion Forum for iPad Users for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

If you have other Apple products or are interested in other Apple kit then why not join our sister forum too at http://www.appleforums.net/

Finally, if you still haven't had enough, how about a video explaining about our other forums (note:you may want to play this at half speed but hey, why shouldn't Phil be excited about our forums!)

The Archangel

Last edited by a moderator:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions