What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bose speaker

Liselot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ever since I upgraded to the new OS on my 3rd generation iTouch, it does not play on the Bose Dock 10?Anyone else have that issue. I have gone on to their website to see if they have an upgrade, no successful.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just tried docking my iPod touch 4 (on iOS 5) to my Bose SoundDock Series II and it doesn't play when docked, but plays when hooked up via auxillairy cable. It played when docked previously, before upgrading to iOS 5.

I discovered this only because of your post, because I don't use the dock much.

If you find a solution, please post.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just tried my iPhone 4S (on iOS 5), and docking still works on my Bose SoundDock Series II.

I wonder if it's an iPod touch-specific problem.

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just tried my iPod Touch 4th gen. on my Bose dock and it works fine with iOS 5. Be sure it's seated properly, when I first tried it played through the speaker, so I reseated it and it played fine. I don't have a iPod Touch 2nd gen. to try, I have a first gen. and it won't upgrade to iOS 5.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, the curve made me wonder whether I was seating it right, but I tried a few times and then last night asked my husband to try, but it didn't play. We also tried iPhone 4S and 4, both on iOS 5, and they worked fine. My touch 4 also works fine on two other docks (Sonys) since I upgraded.

I'm not sweating the Bose, though, because my husband just uses it with an auxilliary cable with his iPad when he cooks.

Most reactions

Latest posts