What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Speakers for ipad 4

I_luv_Apple

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ok... We have discovered a huge problem in our household. Since upgrading the iPads and iPhones we now do not have any docks that are compatible with our devices. We purchased the adaptor thing but it does not work and we really do not want the Bluetooth speakers because of the interference. Has anyone come across any REASONABLY priced (not Beats or Bose) speaker docks in the UK?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Did you get the apple adapter? If so then return it for one that works.

OP
I_luv_Apple

I_luv_Apple

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
Did you get the apple adapter? If so then return it for one that works.

I did from Apple but the sound quality is either poor on the devices we have or does not work at all.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm still using my BT speakers. No interference at all, and I live in a very densely populated area, with lots of signals around. I have two of the original Jambox speakers, and they work great. They pair with every device I own with BT -- iOS and Android. I have a couple of docks, bought with rewards points, but when I spent money, I figured I'd get my money's worth and buy something I could continue to use, no matter which devices I switched to.

rhardin

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Can't u just use the headphone jacks? I use it to play in my car and radio....

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I'm OK with using a jack if stationary, but mobility is the great thing about BT speakers for me. I pair my device with one of my Jamboxes and walk all over the house with just the speaker, so I can work out, get something to eat, take a shower, etc., without ever interrupting my audiobook, music or podcast.

OP
I_luv_Apple

I_luv_Apple

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
I'm still using my BT speakers. No interference at all, and I live in a very densely populated area, with lots of signals around. I have two of the original Jambox speakers, and they work great. They pair with every device I own with BT -- iOS and Android. I have a couple of docks, bought with rewards points, but when I spent money, I figured I'd get my money's worth and buy something I could continue to use, no matter which devices I switched to.

BT ones sound great! :p Do you have a product code or name please?

OP
I_luv_Apple

I_luv_Apple

iPF Novice
Reaction score
rhardin said:

I tried in my car but again the sound is very low. I'm beginning to think it might be the cable I use to connect to the AUX. I'm going to try another cable.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I tried in my car but again the sound is very low. I'm beginning to think it might be the cable I use to connect to the AUX. I'm going to try another cable.

Does your car have BT? It works great in my car. I used to use cables but I grew tired of wires all over the place.

I do get interference in my home off with my BT speaker. It is probably too close to the router.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score

BT ones sound great! :p Do you have a product code or name please?

Like I said, I use two Jamboxes.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do get interference in my home off with my BT speaker. It is probably too close to the router.

I just tested one of my Jamboxes by putting it directly next to our router. No change in sound quality at all.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But your jam box is not in my house.

No, that wasn't my point. It was to reassure people who might have interference concerns about BT that that wasn't a prob with every BT speaker.

Most reactions

Latest posts