What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Book files

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have 10 gigs of books on my dell laptop , downloaded dropbox on both iPad and Dell , sinconised , the files is in the dropbox on iPad , but I can't get it to the iBooks folder . The files are .mobi files can this version get on iPad ??? Will appreciate any help.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
iBooks can only read PDF and epub e-books.

So, blom98's suggestion of getting Calibre is an excellent idea. It's a great e-book management software in itself (it's what I use to keep track of my books). Plus, it does an excellent job of converting mobi files to epub - what you'll need to do.

I, too, keep my ebooks in Dropbox. In fact, you can set up your Calibre library to be entirely stored in Dropbox. Makes it much easier to access your library from anywhere (using the "Open In..." function).

Good luck.

Marilyn

OP

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks I downloaded calibre converted from mobi to ebup , but when trying to download iBooks it just dissapears with no errors , any advise .

Most reactions

Latest posts