What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to import ebooks to Kindle app?

PJ4814

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, I have a number of books stored on my PC in individual folders containing the book cover photo, an .epub file and a .mobi file. I have previously transferred these successfully to my Amazon Kindle reader.

I would now like to put these books in my iPad2. I have installed the Kindle app. With the book folders on my PC, I have used iTunes on my PC, and selected File> Load folder to Library, and the books are transferred to the Books folder of the iTunes Library. These are displayed by the cover photos very nicely.

The next step is to read these files automatically with the Kindle app, and I don't know how to do this. Preferably I would prefer to Sync the PC and iPad2

Can anyone please assist ?

Also, which file does the iPad2 use? the epub or the mobi file?

regards,
PJ

Last edited:

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In case no one offers instructions:

I don't sideload to the Kindle app, but have seen steps on MobileRead.com. You can google "sideload kindle app ipad" and it's one of the top results.

OP
P

PJ4814

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for this information KayKayKay, I am totally new to iPad2. What is the normal way get your files onto iPad so that Kindle can read them ?

PJ

Last edited:

owensky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, I find it easier just to use iBooks and if it's a .epub it should work because that's what I do with my iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts