What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bluetooth

truth4skot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
so the bluetooth is for the ear piece only? can i send music to iphone from ipad ? or iPhone to iphone via bluetooth?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
so the bluetooth is for the ear piece only? can i send music to iphone from ipad ? or iPhone to iphone via bluetooth?

The Bluetooth functionality of the iPad is deliberately limited - so keyboards, audio headsets etc are supported but printers etc are not. So you can send music to, say, a Bluetooth stereo system - no problem. If you 'Google' Bluetooth 'profiles' you'll see the various Bluetooth standards - but, generally, iPhone-to-iPad or vice-versa is not possible - except in a very limited sense.

If you want to 'stream' music from your iPhone to your iPad then, as far as I am aware, this is not possible...perhaps other Forum members have more detailed information...

Tim
Scotland

Petercar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
what can i do with bluetooth?....can i transfer pictures from my cell phone and other stuff?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
what can i do with bluetooth?....can i transfer pictures from my cell phone and other stuff?

The basic iPad supports Bluetooth stereo headphones - for listening to music etc - and Bluetooth keyboards, like the one I'm typing on at the moment.

I believe there are some third-party apps that will enable you to transfer pictures between an iPhone and an iPad, but I've not used any. As far as I'm aware too, printing to Bluetooth printers is not possible - at least, I have a Bluetooth printer and although the iPad 'sees' the printer (as, indeed, it 'sees' my Bluetooth enabled laptop) it cannot communicate with them in the way you might expect.

Tim
Scotland

jtrosky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been using bluetooth between my iPad and my iPhone in order to share the iPhones 3g connection with my wifi-only iPad using MyWi OnDemand - it's all completely automatic - if there is no wifi connection, it automatically connects to the iPhone and then back to wifi when available again. All over bluetooth. Very cool...

Ha, at least until I get that letter from AT&T! :)

jtrosky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, it requires that both your iPhone and your iPad be jail broken (for the OnDemand feature). It's worth jail breaking just for this feature alone though!

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you can send pictures via bluetooth to your iphone from ipad or vice versa. even without a jailbreak. i have the apps photozap and photoshare. both use bluetooth.

Petercar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i want to transfer pictures from my blackberry to my ipad so i guess ill use my camera and use the camera kit for the ipad but from my blackberry ill have to email to my hotmail and open hotmail in my ipad

Reaction score
i want to transfer pictures from my blackberry to my ipad so i guess ill use my camera and use the camera kit for the ipad but from my blackberry ill have to email to my hotmail and open hotmail in my ipad
I upload mine to photobucket from my phone then download to my ipad from photobucket.
I wish my ipad had a track ball like a Blackberry and my Inc. Nothing to do with the topic, just venting a little :D

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from my Incpad

larjan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am confused. I have a friend who has had an iPad for a year. He has a Bluetooth canon printer and prints to it without wifi.

Most reactions

Latest posts