What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bluetooth Talk button

Playcentric

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How to setup so when doulble click talk button it starts to play Songs in Music app?

Prior ios5 this just worked!

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Banquish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Suould be the same as before, my headphones work the same.
Maybe it was unpaired when you updated? When your bluetooth is on, do you see it in the airplay thing?

OP
P

Playcentric

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It was paired correctly.
Clarify my original post. What used to work is with iPad2 in my bag with cover on, I turn on my BT (and it connects automatically), then I double click talk and music plays. All this worked and I did not need to retrieve and open iPad and to start Music app.

It did work great for me when standing in fast moving subway and I can start/end music just press talk button.

TIA

OP
P

Playcentric

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did unpair and pair ... Not
Are you implying your talk button will 'activate & start' Music app while IPad2 cover Is 'closed'? (note this is the scenario I'm dealing with)

I believe the ios default is BT talk button activates phone app.

Since previous Skype did not support BT, the talk button activated music app.
Now Skype has BT, it may take control the talk button.

Would like to know if anyone has this works as the way I described above!

TIA

Banquish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Playcentric said:
Did unpair and pair ... Not
Are you implying your talk button will 'activate & start' Music app while IPad2 cover Is 'closed'? (note this is the scenario I'm dealing with)

I believe the ios default is BT talk button activates phone app.

Since previous Skype did not support BT, the talk button activated music app.
Now Skype has BT, it may take control the talk button.

Would like to know if anyone has this works as the way I described above!

TIA

I guess for me it's diff, my bluetooth is a stereo headphones with a dedicated play button in addition to the call button sry
Good luck!

OP
P

Playcentric

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Banquish said:
I guess for me it's diff, my bluetooth is a stereo headphones with a dedicated play button in addition to the call button sry
Good luck!

Tks. Would you please advise your BT model and pro/con experience? May want to get one.

Banquish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Playcentric said:
Tks. Would you please advise your BT model and pro/con experience? May want to get one.

I'm using the Motorola sd-10 and I hate it
It gives me headaches that lasts days and I've had to replace it twice since I bought it in July because one of the headphones stopped outputting sound

I had a pair of plantronics 903, and I loved them (long battery, verry comfy, just work!) but when they died, the motos were on sale for 55$ and the plantronics full price at 90$. I regret it
I'd get the 903+ if I were to buy them again, the 903s range for. Bluetooth isn't great and depending where my phone / iPad is it'll drop signal rather easily.

OP
P

Playcentric

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Banquish said:
I'm using the Motorola sd-10 and I hate it
It gives me headaches that lasts days and I've had to replace it twice since I bought it in July because one of the headphones stopped outputting sound

I had a pair of plantronics 903, and I loved them (long battery, verry comfy, just work!) but when they died, the motos were on sale for 55$ and the plantronics full price at 90$. I regret it
I'd get the 903+ if I were to buy them again, the 903s range for. Bluetooth isn't great and depending where my phone / iPad is it'll drop signal rather easily.

I am using 903. Note it only has one talk button and does not start music automatically.

You 903 may still be good. I learned the fix (see below) while I had problem a year ago.

"hold power/pair button down for 5 or more seconds while charging then unplug powercord (while still holding the power button). It should turn back on if short-circuited due to moisture/overheating/miscommunication problems, etc."

Most reactions

Latest posts