What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bluetooth Keyboard Success?

nypaulie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can't get my ipad mini to "see" the keyboard. It works with my HP Touchpad, no problem. Maybe I am omitting something.
Yes, I've followed the instructions for this - not exactly rocket science. Kinda puzzled.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi NYPaulie - just a simple question to start - have you 'unpaired' the BT KB w/ the HP Touchpad or turned off the Bluetooth on the latter - might be a conflict (happen to me on a trip where I could not get my usually reliable Apple BT KB to pair w/ my iPad 2 - because it had already paired w/ my wife's Mini - a lesson learned). Dave :)

OP
nypaulie

nypaulie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi NYPaulie - just a simple question to start - have you 'unpaired' the BT KB w/ the HP Touchpad or turned off the Bluetooth on the latter - might be a conflict (happen to me on a trip where I could not get my usually reliable Apple BT KB to pair w/ my iPad 2 - because it had already paired w/ my wife's Mini - a lesson learned). Dave :)
After trying several times to pair the BT KB with the ipad mini I only paired it with the HP just to see if the keyboard was still functioning, which it was.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
After trying several times to pair the BT KB with the ipad mini I only paired it with the HP just to see if the keyboard was still functioning, which it was.

If not already done, 'Reset' the iPad Mini, i.e. hold the On-Off & Home buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears (may take up to 10 seconds), release and allow the device to re-boot - might help but no guarantee - good luck! Dave :)

OP
nypaulie

nypaulie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well today I had success. I did this in a different location (PA not NYC) incidentally. Maybe there is too much "interference" in the New York apartment. I will try again Sunday when I am back in Gotham City.

[Added Later]: It's now working fine in NYC. Probably something I did or did not do.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts