Bluetooth Keyboard Success?

Discussion in 'iPad Mini Forum' started by nypaulie, Apr 27, 2014.

1. nypaulie

nypaulie
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Can't get my ipad mini to "see" the keyboard. It works with my HP Touchpad, no problem. Maybe I am omitting something.
    Yes, I've followed the instructions for this - not exactly rocket science. Kinda puzzled.

2. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Hi NYPaulie - just a simple question to start - have you 'unpaired' the BT KB w/ the HP Touchpad or turned off the Bluetooth on the latter - might be a conflict (happen to me on a trip where I could not get my usually reliable Apple BT KB to pair w/ my iPad 2 - because it had already paired w/ my wife's Mini - a lesson learned). Dave :)

3. nypaulie

nypaulie
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    After trying several times to pair the BT KB with the ipad mini I only paired it with the HP just to see if the keyboard was still functioning, which it was.

4. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    If not already done, 'Reset' the iPad Mini, i.e. hold the On-Off & Home buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears (may take up to 10 seconds), release and allow the device to re-boot - might help but no guarantee - good luck! Dave :)

5. nypaulie

nypaulie
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Well today I had success. I did this in a different location (PA not NYC) incidentally. Maybe there is too much "interference" in the New York apartment. I will try again Sunday when I am back in Gotham City.

[Added Later]: It's now working fine in NYC. Probably something I did or did not do.

#5 nypaulie, May 9, 2014
    Last edited: May 16, 2014
  6. BenD002

BenD002
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    cool```