Bluetooth file transfer?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by istyle1129, May 24, 2010.

1. istyle1129

istyle1129 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have read through 6 pages of search result, but haven't found anyone talking about this. I have the iPad 3G model that I am trying to pair with my Xperia X10 phone. Both device can see each other and paired fine. However, whenever I try to send picture from the X10 to iPad via bluetooth, it always fails.

Do anyone have any idea? The apple's website, it shows iPad has Bluetooth 2.1.

Thanks.

2. IpadOne

IpadOne iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hello instead of a question first a short introduction will also be welcome ….

back on your question … bluetooth in iPad can’t transfer any file you can only connect accessories like keyboard or headset … for file transfer like picture (PDF is an other subject) you have to connect it with cable or use Camera connection kit … no other way yet

3. Deenybird

Deenybird iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Once you jailbreak you will see various options for Bluetooth file transfer in cydia. While I haven't tried any myself, it may at least offer you hope.

4. Bremen

Bremen iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    And of course.... this is the introduction forum.... perhaps as questions on the "ipad help" forum?

5. NumbLock

NumbLock iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32 / 0
    Sorry, I don't know the answer, but welcome anyway!

I'll try it out after I get my hands on a phone that supports bluetooth file transfer (iPhone doesn't as far as I know).

6. istyle1129

istyle1129 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Very sorry about this. I didn't realize I had posted in the Introduction section. (Can Admin help me move this to the Help section? Thanks in advance)

Thanks for all your replies! But isn't it a common perception that Bluetooth can be used to transfer file, in addition to pairing microphone or headset? (Of course, if Bluetooth is available on a headset, we would not expect it to transfer file). Do you guys know if Apple specifically states the Bluetooth cannot transfer file on their spec? Sorry if my perception of the Bluetooth's capability is not the norm. If that is the case, then I have nothing else to say on this matter. :)

7. istyle1129

istyle1129 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oh, I forgot about my introduction. My name is Well, and iPad is my first Apple product. :)

Very cool product, but not sure how long it will keep me interested. I have had it for 3 days now, and thanks to Spirit and MODERATOR EDIT: REMOVED MENTION OF PIRACY ENABLING APP, I am extremely happy.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2012
  8. istyle1129

istyle1129 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dude!!!!! You got my hope jacked up sky-high. Don't leave me hanging :) Is it possible for you to kindly point me to the App that could allow me to transfer file via Bluetooth?

After doing some search, there seems to be some Apps that can do that. But according to their descriptions, they only work on iPhone to/from iPad. Really appreciate it!