What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blocking store in iBooks

momreed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The whole family uses mom's iPad. So thankful because when my darling husband bought it for my birthday, I thought "What am I going to do with this? I can barely use the laptop:)". We have several books in iBook that the children read however, I do not want them to browse new books in the store. I have tried many things to turn off that option but no luck so far. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Have a wonderful day, and I am glad you are all here.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I don't think you can do it under iOS 5, but under iOS 6 you can turn off the iBookstore under the restrictions settings. (Settings > General > Restrictions)

Don't forget the pass code when you set it up.

OP
momreed

momreed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
I don't think you can do it under iOS 5, but under iOS 6 you can turn off the iBookstore under the restrictions settings. (Settings > General > Restrictions)

Don't forget the pass code when you set it up.

Thanks. I actually just did it. By accident actually;)

Most reactions

Latest posts