What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iBook app trouble

Fruxenator

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iBook application reaches only free books Store. İ have tried several things-like deleting the application and re-installing it or restoring the iPad and re-installing the app again. When i access the store, i only can see the Free ibooks, not the original iBook Store. Does it have anything with the settings?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It probably has more to do with your location than with your hardware or software. Copyright laws vary from one country to another and this is probably the reason you don't see anything else.

OP
F

Fruxenator

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iBook application reaches only free books Store. İ have tried several things-like deleting the application and re-installing it or restoring the iPad and re-installing the app again. When i access the store, i only can see the Free ibooks, not the original iBook Store. Does it have anything with the settings?

Thank you for your answer. You may be right, since iPad is yet not on sale officially in Turkey. On the other hand i do have the access for getting all the other apps. Even though does not make any sense since i do accept paying the fee for buying a book.

Last edited:

appsmonkey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
appsmonkey.com
It probably has more to do with your location than with your hardware or software. Copyright laws vary from one country to another and this is probably the reason you don't see anything else.
That's exactly right, Apple hasn't inked deals with very many overseas publishers. They haven't even been able to sign Random House here in the US, so I wouldn't hold your breath. You should download the Amazon Kindle app and see if their selection is any better, I heard people overseas are having better luck there.

OP
F

Fruxenator

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guess what?!! i can not even reach the amazon kindle app on my ipad..a warning comes out saying 'your request can not be completed' this is so weird and nonsense.i presume i can do nothing but wait until we also do have ipad officially in Turkey. By the way the staff at apple store also couldn't say anything-since he had no idea about ipad!!
however thanks for the suggestion.

Most reactions