What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big Business - game discussion

brian_jonk

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a couple of questions:

1. Regarding the robots: I have two robots, one free and the other the CC robot. The free robot has speed 9 while the CC robot has speed 12. Yet, they produce the same good in the same amount of time. Shouldn't one be faster than the other? I emailed GI on this and here is what they said: "Need to fill in all the division to see difference." Am I missing something here?

2. Regarding the balloons that appear in the city: are they any good? Rather, is there any downside to using them? I see that it says it replaces any existing active bonus. I just want to make sure it doesn't deduct any bonuses out of my storage (like the 33% production boost bonus for example).

Thank you!

Foxtrotter

iPF Noob
Reaction score

1. Regarding the robots: I have two robots, one free and the other the CC robot. The free robot has speed 9 while the CC robot has speed 12. Yet, they produce the same good in the same amount of time. Shouldn't one be faster than the other? I emailed GI on this and here is what they said: "Need to fill in all the division to see difference." Am I missing something here?

2. Regarding the balloons that appear in the city: are they any good? Rather, is there any downside to using them? I see that it says it replaces any existing active bonus. I just want to make sure it doesn't deduct any bonuses out of my storage (like the 33% production boost bonus for example).

Thank you!

1. Well my robots definitely move at different speeds, as they should and it is quite noticeable, not that I use them very much as they just seem to get in the way.

2. The balloon bonuses are definitely worth using unless you are already running a higher bonus. They do not affect any bonuses in storage only active ones.

brian_jonk

iPF Novice
Reaction score
1. Well my robots definitely move at different speeds, as they should and it is quite noticeable, not that I use them very much as they just seem to get in the way.

2. The balloon bonuses are definitely worth using unless you are already running a higher bonus. They do not affect any bonuses in storage only active ones.

Thank you! Then obviously the GI buffoons have no idea what they're talking about. I also hate the way they automatically close the ticket after the first response. My issue obviously has not been resolved and now I need to open yet another ticket for it. Am I correct in my understanding that submitting web tickets is no longer possible? It has to be done through the iPad?

Foxtrotter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you! Then obviously the GI buffoons have no idea what they're talking about. I also hate the way they automatically close the ticket after the first response. My issue obviously has not been resolved and now I need to open yet another ticket for it. Am I correct in my understanding that submitting web tickets is no longer possible? It has to be done through the iPad?

Have only submitted tickets through ipad so have no idea. As regards the robot speeds I don't think I would bother submitting another ticket, they won't understand and quite honestly you are only talking about a few seconds difference. My own city has a number of small flaws but I do not consider it worth the hassle of contacting GI all the time.

Stantera

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Balloons work great when you get them. For me, the time is the best, XP is second. I always end up getting the population bonus. Which is useless 80% of the time for my city.

They will not use or remove your existing items in storage. The will overwrite an active bonus if you have one running. If you are using your concert bonus and then enable the balloon bonus for speed, the balloon time bonus will overwrite your concert bonus. So, if the balloon bonus is better, use it. If not, dont use it. Hopefully it will still be there later when you need it.

Stantera

iPF Noob
Reaction score

!

I got three robots (two contracts each), two with a lot of speed, one that doesnt. There is a big difference in the speed, but I never actualy timed them.

I use mine all the time and run them until out of energy. I make almost all cheese, sugar, and flour. If I get a daily task that I can use them on, then I send them out. Got a lot of upgrades for new contracts and two with 2x energy levels. The more I get on them, the more usefull they are. It also depends on how many factories you have. Like the other person stated, they can interfere with your work at times.

One flaw I found is if I send them out on long tasks like sour cream, I leave the required plants open so they run all day (or night). But what I found is for some reason, they will get stuck and not do anything until I log back in and wasted all that time. I think if you log off or close the game, they stop. Not sure, will try to test it again when I can. Also, from time to time, they will pick a factory that is already in use instead of an open free plant.

I didnt realize how much I realy used them until they run out of energy.

Stantera

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have inserted modules into my entertainment buildings to up my population. I spend my time mostly on happiness mods. Usually S. If I ever get what I need I bump up to the M but spend time on S. Also building modules will get an achievement in loooooong run.

I use waffle less and less but in corp when I do personal butter challenge I make lots of what ever it is that uses butter.

When I get enough of what I need I might upgrade an ent building of higher rank. Lately I am storing or selling donuts and news ent and getting high end ent with happy that r bigger. I don't have room for the small stuff. So upping my dance ent etc gives me more than small time consuming coin annoying places

These Mods works great. I found in storage several R and M Mods for happiness. Added them to a few of my large special ent buildings and got an instant increase of 7k of happiness. So now starting to build M-Mods, but dont have a lot of recipies or pliers thats needed. Got to get these from special suitcases or purchase from the corporation shop. So now, just making gears, lenses and S-mods to have on hand for later when I can make the M's.

If I add a S-mod to a building, then later decide to remove it, does it go back to storage or is it deleted forever?

Demolishing smaller buildings worked out great. Now that Im done with the big quest projects (port, tower, etc) got rid of all those coffee and donought shops and replaced them. Got a good increase in population without increasing the Admin Center. Did the same with the small houses, upgrading them to complexes.

Thanks,...

Saryna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got three robots (two contracts each), two with a lot of speed, one that doesnt. There is a big difference in the speed, but I never actualy timed them.

I use mine all the time and run them until out of energy. I make almost all cheese, sugar, and flour. If I get a daily task that I can use them on, then I send them out. Got a lot of upgrades for new contracts and two with 2x energy levels. The more I get on them, the more usefull they are. It also depends on how many factories you have. Like the other person stated, they can interfere with your work at times.

One flaw I found is if I send them out on long tasks like sour cream, I leave the required plants open so they run all day (or night). But what I found is for some reason, they will get stuck and not do anything until I log back in and wasted all that time. I think if you log off or close the game, they stop. Not sure, will try to test it again when I can. Also, from time to time, they will pick a factory that is already in use instead of an open free plant.

I didnt realize how much I realy used them until they run out of energy.
I have the same issue. I set them to run long tasked at night to find the next morning they are stuck at the beginning of the task and I have to work around them. I use mine mostly for flour now.

ForrestCody

iPF Novice
Reaction score
These Mods works great. I found in storage several R and M Mods for happiness. Added them to a few of my large special ent buildings and got an instant increase of 7k of happiness. So now starting to build M-Mods, but dont have a lot of recipies or pliers thats needed. Got to get these from special suitcases or purchase from the corporation shop. So now, just making gears, lenses and S-mods to have on hand for later when I can make the M's.

If I add a S-mod to a building, then later decide to remove it, does it go back to storage or is it deleted forever?

Demolishing smaller buildings worked out great. Now that Im done with the big quest projects (port, tower, etc) got rid of all those coffee and donought shops and replaced them. Got a good increase in population without increasing the Admin Center. Did the same with the small houses, upgrading them to complexes.

Thanks,...
Yes, just hope that getting rid of donut shops dont get the police upset LOL!

ForrestCody

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Thank you!
Ok

The bots.
Check your speed dashes are they exactly the same? Or near same?

Got some getting use to. they work better when u have more factories to work with. I like them making flour while I am making gingerbread for example right now. Or one makes sugar and I can get some small time consuming jobs done with the bots. Lots of times over night I set them up so they level up and in the morning they are finishing up with some stupid crap and I make money, they level up, I get full energy and boom we are ready to play lets work.

very rarely do they get in my way now but then I am filling out and got 10 of the things they work on. I will leave one factory open and they mostly jump in and out of it. They make great cheese and that is an over night job sometimes.

I have 3 different bots. Yes they make difference. I did get one cc bot and it has turned out to be the best cuz she has highest amt of energy. The first on was the cheap one. And still is the one I call grandpa. I was trying to get products to make but then I started moving the spinner before I launched the spin and now usually get something to inc the speed or something. I almost have the cc maxed out. If you get 3 different bots you get one of the secret achievements.

Mine do not shut down when I leave them. I just have one that likes to steal potatoes and milk if I accidentally forget to take it and he comes in and uses one specific farm or ranch...not just any of them just those 2

Last edited:

ForrestCody

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Thank you!
Ok balloons,

Decided to break this up so it was easier to read.

If you are about to overlay your balloon power lets say timer with something you already have going. IT WILL tell you that you are about to do so. If you continue and overlay it. It is your fault at that point. I had like a minute left on a timer one and overplayed it it gave me the warning and I continued and yes, I lost that minute.

I got balloons floating around right now with a timer (I am using a 24 hr timer) and just have to ignore them. But if it was a population or XP one I could hit it. And both would run consecutively . I have done that also. Gaining xp and time at the same time. It just cannot be in the same catagory.

I cannot find to use the web anymore to submit and send my pics up front. I have to submit it wait, have them explain to me how to take a snap shot (EVERY SINGLE TIME) and submit and wait so it take abt a week just for them to come up with a stupid answer and close it real quick. Meanwhile telling how they are here for me and blah blah blah

brian_jonk

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you all for the information!

Forest: here are my speed dashes:

CC Robot: Speed Rating: 12. The dashes are at 3.75
Free Robot: Speed Rating: 9. The dashes are at 2.25

In this case, should the CC robot not be faster than the free robot? They are currently both running at the same speed. Here are the contract times:

Flour: 3m 36s each
Cottage Cheese: 44m 6s each
Cheese: 17m 6s each
Apple Pie: 47m 42s each

I would imagine the CC robot would be faster than the free robot! I am still not sure what GI meant when they said "Need to fill in all the division to see difference." Shouldn't 12 > 9 regardless of the dashes?!

The balloons part makes sense now. Stupid me has never used them thus far cos I thought it replaced storage bonuses! Guess I will be using them going forward.

Thanks for all the help!

ForrestCody

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you all for the information!

Forest: here are my speed dashes:

CC Robot: Speed Rating: 12. The dashes are at 3.75
Free Robot: Speed Rating: 9. The dashes are at 2.25

In this case, should the CC robot not be faster than the free robot? They are currently both running at the same speed. Here are the contract times:

Flour: 3m 36s each
Cottage Cheese: 44m 6s each
Cheese: 17m 6s each
Apple Pie: 47m 42s each

I would imagine the CC robot would be faster than the free robot! I am still not sure what GI meant when they said "Need to fill in all the division to see difference." Shouldn't 12 > 9 regardless of the dashes?!

The balloons part makes sense now. Stupid me has never used them thus far cos I thought it replaced storage bonuses! Guess I will be using them going forward.

Thanks for all the help!
Yes it would seem the one would be faster than the other but I do notice a bigger difference now that grandpa is still really lower and my cc bot is much higher. Yes in that case if you have a speed car and an old beat up run down car you will see the difference but I would think you should see some difference if one is running 30 mph and one is running 40. But then again maybe they are looking through yugo ( wasnt that the name of the car) color glasses

ForrestCody

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I finally made it to level 70 and feel like I accomplished something. Not sure what but I did it! Did I make it into That 70s Club?

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts